New Hampshire Constituency Director
Manchester, New Hampshire
Application Deadline: Rolling
Desired Start Date: TBD
Bernie 2020 is seeking a highly motivated, disciplined Constituency Director to join our New Hampshire team. Home of the first-in-the-nation primary, New Hampshire is an early epicenter of both national and international political coverage on the road to the White House. The role of the Constituency Director is to organize, interface, and coordinate with various established and distributed community and constituency groups around the state. The primary goal is to engage these various constituency groups within New Hampshire in order to involve them in the campaign, and therefore increasing their vote turnout for Bernie Sanders among their communities. This position reports to the Political Director.
- Manage portfolio of assigned constituency groups for the Political Department
- Act as the primary point of contact for assigned constituency groups to the campaign
- Monitor local community events, flagging potential issues and opportunities to the Political Director.
- Under the direction of the Political Director, coordinate with the Field, Communications, and other departments as necessary.
- Work collaboratively with team members and leadership to improve the political program and provide feedback and lessons-learned. Participate in regular debriefs and actively seek out and share best practices.
- Actively build an organizational culture that is welcoming and inspiring and a working environment that is inclusive, equitable, safe, and respectful.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience working with various community organizations and constituency groups in the state.
- Top-notch organizational skills, with the ability to manage and prioritize many incoming requests at once.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills. Ability to maintain a personable and friendly demeanor.
- Ability to interface with public organizations and individuals in a professional and disciplined manner.
- Strong understanding of the importance of confidentiality.
- Comfort working in a fast paced environment, ability to navigate complex and nuanced situations and remain calm under pressure.
- Commitment to building strong relationships across race, gender, class, and other group identities. Understanding of and self-awareness around the intersections of race, gender, class and other identities, especially in regards to historically marginalized communities.
- Team player who values building warm, respectful relationships with colleagues, and can effectively collaborate with other staff members.
- Public speaking skills and experience.
- Experience building multiracial organizing efforts and prior training in equity and inclusion.
- One previous cycle of electoral campaign experience.
Salary: $55,000 annually
Full time staff are eligible for the campaign’s benefits package, including health insurance, dental, vision, and ancillary coverage; as well as paid time off, and more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Campaign recruits, hires, trains, transfers, and promotes qualified candidates on the basis of individual merit and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.