Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Application Deadline: Rolling
Desired Start Date: ASAP
Bernie 2020 is seeking a motivated, dynamic Canvass Director to join our Nevada team. Our campaign has an ambitious goal: to build the largest national grassroots operation in campaign history. This will require empowering volunteers, activist leaders, and supporters to organize their communities to take on Trump and the billionaire class at an unprecedented scale.
The Canvass Director will work closely with the Field Director, Deputy Field Directors, and GOTV Director. The Canvass Director will be responsible for directing the day-to-day field canvass operations for the state of Nevada. We encourage you to apply for this position if you are passionate about overseeing a team of Lead Canvassers and Canvassers that will utilize direct voter contact to collect candidate ID data and hold thousands of persuasive conversations with voters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning and executing the statewide deputy field organizer canvass field plan in coordination with the Field Director
- Ensuring that all deputy field organizers are properly trained and consistently productive throughout the day
- Ensuring that daily, weekly, and monthly goals are met and exceeded
- Conducting extensive coaching and development with staff on best practices for canvassing
- Ensuring that all required reporting is accurate and timely and that all regional data is entered on time
- Monitoring metrics within each assigned region including knocks per shift and contact rate; implementing rigorous systems to meet assigned goals associated with this metrics
- Actively building an organizational culture that is welcoming and inspiring and a working environment that is inclusive and equitable
- In-state travel by car required
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to multitask, create and achieve goals, meet deadlines and creatively solve problems
- Understanding of targeting and metrics
- At least one cycle of field management experience, including regularly launching canvasses of 20+ people
- Experience recruiting, hiring, training and managing a team
- VAN and Google Docs
- Experience developing, training and empowering volunteers
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience in electoral, community, labor, or movement organizing
- Demonstrated experience managing teams to meet specific goals
- Access to a reliable vehicle due to the extremely limited public transportation
- Ability to work six-day work week
- Commitment to building strong relationships across race, gender, class, and other group identities
- Understanding of and self-awareness around the intersections of race, gender, sexuality, and other identities
This role will lead a large team of deputy field organizers.
Full Time employees are eligible for benefits, including health care, vision, and dental insurance; sick leave, paid time off, cell phone stipend, and more.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
This campaign is committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in hiring, in programming, and in all other aspects of the work we do. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are deeply connected to our mission, our success, and to serving the American people. Some organizational priorities include:
- Building policies, procedures and services that uplift and protect everyone and do not lead to inequalities;
- Creating teams and relationships among staff, volunteers, and supporters that are reflective of the populations we serve;
- Increasing engagement of communities of color, women, those with disabilities, and all people historically shut out of electoral and caucus processes;
- Prioritizing the inclusion of diverse communities in internal leadership;
- Fostering a culture of open-mindedness, compassion, and inclusiveness;
- Creating and maintaining opportunities for engagement, education, and discourse related to issues of equity, diversity, and inclusion; and
- Changing the historical culture of inequity and exclusion pervasive in political campaigns.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Campaign recruits, hires, trains, transfers, and promotes qualified candidates on the basis of individual merit and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.