Canvass Operations Specialist
Location: Manchester, New Hampshire
Application Deadline: Rolling
Desired Start Date: 12/10
Bernie 2020 is seeking a motivated, dynamic Canvass Operations Specialist to join our New Hampshire team. Our campaign has an ambitious goal: to build the largest national grassroots operation in campaign history. The Canvass Operations Specialist will assist in talent acquisition, materials preparation, procurement of materials, and general logistics. The Canvass Operations Specialist will work closely with the Canvass Director and the Deputy Canvass Directors to ensure the Deputy Field Organizers program runs effectively and efficiently. The Canvass Operations Specialist reports directly to the Canvass Director.
- Keep accurate inventory of all program and canvass materials;
- Order and replenish all canvass materials including literature, clipboards, tablets, etc.;
- Oversee expense tracking;
- Track applicants and recruitment progress for deputy field organizer positions;
- Assist with basic screening of applicants;
- Process new hire information and change of information in a timely fashion;
- Maintain deputy field organizer personnel information;
- Collaborate with the Canvass Director and the Deputy Canvass Directors to address operations and office issues in a timely manner;
- Assist Deputy Canvass Directors with program quality control;
- Manage shut down process of all canvass offices locations after the primary;
- Some in-state travel required, especially for new staging location set up;
- This role will involve daily driving;
- Other duties as assigned;
- Be available for a 6-day work week.
- Exceptionally organized with heightened attention to detail;
- An overall sense of responsibility to get the job done;
- Strong prioritization skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with people from many backgrounds;
- Flexible, adaptable and solutions-oriented;
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet frequent deadlines in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment;
- Willingness to occasionally work long hours and weekends, especially in the month ahead of the primary.
You’re a great fit if, in addition to the above, you:
- Can un-jam a printer in your sleep;
- Find great satisfaction in making sure staff has the materials they need to succeed;
- Use checklists in your personal life and/or enjoy color coding;
- Love a well organized office;
- Enjoy solving problems on the fly;
- Believe teamwork makes the dream work.
Full Time employees (32+ hours/week) are eligible for benefits, including health care, vision,
and dental insurance; sick leave, paid time off, cell phone stipend, and more.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
This campaign is committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in hiring, in programming, and in all other aspects of the work we do. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are deeply connected to our mission, our success, and to serving the American people. Some organizational priorities include:
- Building policies, procedures and services that uplift and protect everyone and do not lead to inequalities;
- Creating teams and relationships among staff, volunteers, and supporters that are reflective of the populations we serve;
- Increasing engagement of communities of color, women, those with disabilities, and all people historically shut out of electoral and caucus processes;
- Prioritizing the inclusion of diverse communities in internal leadership;
- Fostering a culture of open-mindedness, compassion, and inclusiveness;
- Creating and maintaining opportunities for engagement, education, and discourse related to issues of equity, diversity, and inclusion; and
- Changing the historical culture of inequity and exclusion pervasive in political campaigns.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Campaign recruits, hires, trains, transfers, and promotes qualified candidates on the basis of individual merit and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.