National Travel Desk
Application Deadline: Until position filled
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Washington, DC
Bernie 2020 is seeking motivated, detail-oriented National Travel Desk to join our DC Team.
National Travel Desks oversee the travel and event logistics for advance staff handling events with Senator Sanders.
- Provide travel desk support for advance staff and assorted other campaign staff including stand-by logistical and travel support.
- Coordinate with advance staff, vendors, and venues to process all contracts and invoices for events with the Senator.
- Coordinate with advance staff to ensure all campaign visuals and materials are ordered and/or shipped as needed.
- Track advance expenditures and communicate with COO to ensure full compliance.
- Process reimbursement requests for advance staff.
- Provide coverage for other travel desks, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, meet deadlines, accurately transmit and recall details, follow changes
- Strong willingness to be flexible and quickly adjust as the schedule changes
- Ability to take feedback and implement changes in real time
- Strong listening skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment that will include long hours, nights, and weekends
- Basic knowledge of tools like Google Suite
- Previous political/campaign experience
- No direct supervisory duties at this time.
Full-Time employees are eligible for benefits, including health care, vision, and dental insurance; sick leave, paid time off, cell phone stipend, and more.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
This campaign is committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in hiring, in programming, and in all other aspects of the work we do. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are deeply connected to our mission, our success, and to serving the American people. Some organizational priorities include:
- Building policies, procedures and services that uplift and protect everyone and do not lead to inequalities;
- Creating teams and relationships among staff, volunteers, and supporters that are reflective of the populations we serve;
- Increasing engagement of communities of color, women, those with disabilities, and all people historically shut out of electoral and caucus processes;
- Prioritizing the inclusion of diverse communities in internal leadership;
- Fostering a culture of open-mindedness, compassion, and inclusiveness;
- Creating and maintaining opportunities for engagement, education, and discourse related to issues of equity, diversity, and inclusion; and
- Changing the historical culture of inequity and exclusion pervasive in political campaigns.
Equal Opportunity Employer The Campaign recruits, hires, trains, transfers, and promotes qualified candidates on the basis of individual merit and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.