National Surrogate Schedule Staff
Application Deadline: Until position filled
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Washington, DC
Bernie 2020 is seeking motivated, detail-oriented National Surrogate Schedule Staff to join our DC Team.
National Surrogate Schedule Staff oversee the trip scheduling process for campaign surrogates.
The position entails gathering and confirming all details and information for trip schedules, arranging and leading trip calls, coordinating with the Communications Department for trip advisories, compiling or creating memos, tic tocs, and all other necessary materials, ensuring speakers and performers have passed the vetting process, and interfacing between multiple departments to gather all information needed for scheduling purposes. Additional responsibilities may include monitoring event invitations and scheduling requests from both internal and external sources such as senior staff, state staff, and outside organizations.
- Frequent communication with advance staff, senior staff, and state staff to gather trip schedule information.
- Arranging and leading trip calls with multiple departments to go over the entire trip schedule.
- Coordinating with the comms department and the email, texting, and social media teams on advisories to ensure all event venues are locked and all logistical details are accurate.
- Working with multiple departments and advance staff to compile and edit all memos and tic tocs for events that require them.
- Ensuring all speakers and performers have passed vet by working with advance, state staff and the vetting team.
- Monitoring event invitations and scheduling requests from senior staff, national departments, state staff, outside organizations, and others.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong attention to detail, willingness to double and triple confirm information
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, meet deadlines, accurately transmit and recall details, follow changes
- Strong willingness to be flexible and quickly adjust as the schedule changes
- Ability to take feedback and implement changes in real time
- Strong listening skills
- Ability to deftly and diplomatically maneuver relationships with external parties
- Strong organizational skills and ability to adhere to process
- Ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment that may include long hours, nights, and weekends
- Ability to work six-day work week
- Basic knowledge of tools like Google Suite
- Strong research skills
- Previous political/campaign experience
- Previous scheduling experience
- Previous campaign advance experience
- Previous customer service experience
- No direct supervisory duties at this time.
Full-Time employees are eligible for benefits, including health care, vision, and dental insurance; sick leave, paid time off, cell phone stipend, and more.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
This campaign is committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in hiring, in programming, and in all other aspects of the work we do. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are deeply connected to our mission, our success, and to serving the American people. Some organizational priorities include:
- Building policies, procedures and services that uplift and protect everyone and do not lead to inequalities;
- Creating teams and relationships among staff, volunteers, and supporters that are reflective of the populations we serve;
- Increasing engagement of communities of color, women, those with disabilities, and all people historically shut out of electoral and caucus processes;
- Prioritizing the inclusion of diverse communities in internal leadership;
- Fostering a culture of open-mindedness, compassion, and inclusiveness;
- Creating and maintaining opportunities for engagement, education, and discourse related to issues of equity, diversity, and inclusion; and
- Changing the historical culture of inequity and exclusion pervasive in political campaigns.
Equal Opportunity Employer The Campaign recruits, hires, trains, transfers, and promotes qualified candidates on the basis of individual merit and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.