National Deputy Field Organizer (DFO) Program Manager
Application Deadline: Rolling
Desired Start Date: As soon as possible
Location: Washington, DC
Bernie 2020 is seeking motivated, dynamic National DFO Program Manager to join our DC Team. Our campaign has an ambitious goal: to build the largest national grassroots operation in campaign history. This will require empowering volunteers, activist leaders, and supporters to organize their communities to take on Trump and the billionaire class at an unprecedented scale.
Deputy Field Organizers support our state field programs by knocking on doors, community canvassing, making volunteer recruitment calls, and following up with volunteers to keep them engaged.
The National DFO Program Manager supports State Canvass Directors to meet and exceed goals, works with national and state operations to execute hiring of DFO staff across the country, and build systems to track the Deputy Field Organizer program nationwide.
- Supporting states to implement their Deputy Field Organizer programs
- Coaching DFO managers to increase the quality of their canvasses and calls
- Support DFO hiring across states
- Working with national and state operations to execute hiring of DFO staff across the country.
- Develop system to track DFO onboarding and training across the country
- Problem-solve with challenges that arise from the field.
- Incorporating feedback and lessons from on the ground to strengthen DFO program nationwide
- Development of training materials for DFO’s and DFO managers
- Training of DFO managers
- Experience leading a field program
- Extensive experience running a paid canvass program
- Experience with hiring and operations
- Ability to multitask, create and achieve goals, meet deadlines and creatively solve problems
- Experience with management of multiple staff
- Strong willingness to learn and adapt
- Ability to take feedback and implement changes in real time
- Strong listening skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment that may include long hours, nights, and weekends
- Experience leading a field program for a congressional-level campaign, or campaign of similar scope.
- Multiple cycles of experience leading a paid canvass program
- Knowledge of CRMs like ActionKit, VAN, and similar strongly preferred
- Support state DFO managers. No direct supervisory duties at this time.
Full-Time employees are eligible for benefits, including health care, vision, and dental insurance; sick leave, paid time off, cell phone stipend, and more.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
This campaign is committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in hiring, in programming, and in all other aspects of the work we do. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are deeply connected to our mission, our success, and to serving the American people. Some organizational priorities include:
- Building policies, procedures and services that uplift and protect everyone and do not lead to inequalities;
- Creating teams and relationships among staff, volunteers, and supporters that are reflective of the populations we serve;
- Increasing engagement of communities of color, women, those with disabilities, and all people historically shut out of electoral and caucus processes;
- Prioritizing the inclusion of diverse communities in internal leadership;
- Fostering a culture of open-mindedness, compassion, and inclusiveness;
- Creating and maintaining opportunities for engagement, education, and discourse related to issues of equity, diversity, and inclusion; and
- Changing the historical culture of inequity and exclusion pervasive in political campaigns.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Campaign recruits, hires, trains, transfers, and promotes qualified candidates on the basis of individual merit and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.