Location: Washington, DC
Desired Start Date: ASAP
Type: Full Time
The Bernie 2020 campaign is seeking a Payroll Manager. The Payroll Manager will be responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with National People Operations management. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: assisting with benefits administration, payroll administration, assisting with workers’ compensation administration, and assisting with employment law compliance. This role will also provide onboarding and recruitment/employment support.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Co-manages payroll, personnel operations and leave administration, including overseeing payroll-related data submissions
- Updates personnel records by reviewing and approving changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, job titles, and department/ division transfers
- Determines payroll liabilities by approving the calculation of employee federal and state income and social security taxes, and employer's social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Audit employee time records, including exception time to ensure employees are paid accurately and investigate and resolve errors in payroll processing
- Contributes to the evaluation of existing payroll policies, procedures and processes and propose changes and quality control measures leading to best-practice operations
- Other duties as assigned
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Payroll and/or HR Certification
- A bachelor's degree
- 2-5 years of HR relevant experience with payroll administration
- Ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment that may include long hours, nights, and weekends.
- Team player.
- Experience with HRIS (i.e. ADP, ATS, Greenhouse) and payroll providers highly desired.
- Solid understanding of payroll and payroll tax laws in the US and Canada
- Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of personnel administration, effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates autonomy, organization, assertiveness, flexibility, and cooperation in performing job responsibilities.
$85,000.00 per year
Full Time employees are eligible for benefits, including health care, vision, and dental insurance; sick leave, paid time off, cell phone stipend, and more.
The Campaign recruits, hires, trains, transfers, and promotes qualified candidates on the basis of individual merit and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.