Human Resources Generalist
Location: Washington, DC
Desired Start Date: ASAP
Type: Full Time
The Bernie 2020 campaign is seeking a Human Resource Manager. The Human Resource Manager will be responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with National People Operations management. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: assisting with benefits administration, payroll administration, assisting with workers’ compensation administration, and assisting with employment law compliance. This role will also provide onboarding and recruitment/employment support. Lastly, this position will support the Vermont office in a ⅓ time Office Manager capacity.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversees employee files and ensures 100% accuracy of all documents and filing conventions
- Assists Chief of People & State Operations with internal HR administration and strategy
- Assists Chief of People & State Operations with union specific requests and administration
- Assist with payroll administration including entering employee records,
- Supports recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel and writes and places advertisements;
- Prepares bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, year-end and ad-hoc reports as requested for internal and external audits
- Ensure security, integrity and confidentiality of data;
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
- A bachelor's degree and 1-3 years of HR experience, or five years of experience in the HR field, or any similar combination of education and experience.
- HR Certification helpful.
- Ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment that may include long hours, nights, and weekends.
- Team player.
- Experience with HRIS, ATS (Greenhouse), and payroll providers highly desired.
- Knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, recruitment, organization development, employee relations, safety, employee engagement, and employee development.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written); excellent interpersonal skills, team player, high level of professionalism and confidentiality, detail oriented, ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize.
- Strong organizational, critical thinking, analytical, and excellent customer service skills.
$65,000.00 per year
Full Time employees are eligible for benefits, including health care, vision, and dental insurance; sick leave, paid time off, cell phone stipend, and more.
The Campaign recruits, hires, trains, transfers, and promotes qualified candidates on the basis of individual merit and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.