Nevada GOTC Director
Application Deadline: Rolling
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Bernie 2020 is seeking a motivated, dynamic GOTC (Get out the Caucus) Director to join our Nevada team. Our campaign has an ambitious goal: to build the largest national grassroots organizing operation in presidential campaign history. This will require empowering volunteers, activist leaders, and supporters to organize their communities to take on Trump and the billionaire class at an unprecedented scale.
The GOTC Director will primarily be responsible for ensuring our campaign is ready to execute a top notch GOTC program.
- Design, in tandem with the Field Department, Caucus Department, and Operations Director, a statewide GOTC logistical program
- Work with Field Director and Deputy Field Directors to support RFDs in-turf to execute GOTC operations.
- Create and maintain appropriate systems and structures for campaign GOTC deliverables
- Vet and approve staging locations, based on targeting from Field and Data directors, ensuring that they meet logistical and strategic qualifications.
- Identify target areas for statewide GOTC staging locations and secure those locations
- Oversee statewide turf preparation and material delivery ahead of GOTC
- Following the field strategy set by the state leadership team, coordinate all GOTC operations and logistics for the state.
- Other duties as assigned
- Some in state travel required
- Ability to multitask, create and achieve goals, meet deadlines and creatively solve problems
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong willingness to learn and adapt
- Ability to take feedback and implement changes in real time
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with VAN, GoogleDrive, and other campaign databases
- Experience executing large GOTV or GOTC program
- A reliable vehicle, access to public transit is minimal
Full Time employees are eligible for benefits, including health care, vision, and dental insurance; sick leave, paid time off, cell phone stipend, and more.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
This campaign is committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in hiring, in programming, and in all other aspects of the work we do. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are deeply connected to our mission, our success, and to serving the American people. Some organizational priorities include:
● Building policies, procedures and services that uplift and protect everyone and do not lead to inequalities;
● Creating teams and relationships among staff, volunteers, and supporters that are reflective of the populations we serve;
● Increasing engagement of communities of color, women, those with disabilities, and all people historically shut out of electoral and caucus processes;
● Prioritizing the inclusion of diverse communities in internal leadership;
● Fostering a culture of open-mindedness, compassion, and inclusiveness;
● Creating and maintaining opportunities for engagement, education, and discourse related to issues of equity, diversity, and inclusion; and
● Changing the historical culture of inequity and exclusion pervasive in political campaigns.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Campaign recruits, hires, trains, transfers, and promotes qualified candidates on the basis of individual merit and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.