Campaign Merchandise Assistant
Location: Burlington, VT
Desired Start Date: ASAP
Type: Full time
Application Deadline: Rolling
The Bernie 2020 campaign is seeking a self-starting, organized Merchandise Assistant. The Merchandise Assistant will be responsible for tracking inventory, processing payment requests, and coordinating merchandising needs for the campaign.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitors inventory levels of online merchandise
- Prepare quotes for initial orders and reorders in a timely manner
- Record and maintain a record of purchases and pricing for each product
- Track product samples, production times and shipments from vendors
- Provide inventory reports, including charts and graphs to illustrate costs and sales
- Processes internal payment requests
- Maintain timelines for design/approval/production
- SKU and copy creation
- Manage online product display
- Coordinate with Campaign graphic designers
- Coordinate with Campaign’s Organizing Department
- Other duties as assigned
Supervisory Duties: None
- 1 - 3 years experience with Shopify or other similar online sales platforms
- Understanding of supply chain procedures
- Great communication skills
- Must be fluent in Excel/Google Sheets
- Experience with graphic design software
- Ability to understand and communicate sales trends and make projections
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment that may include long hours, nights, and weekends.
Full Time employees are eligible for benefits, including health care, vision, and dental insurance; sick leave, paid time off, cell phone stipend, and more.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
This campaign is committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in hiring, in programming, and in all other aspects of the work we do. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are deeply connected to our mission, our success, and to serving the American people. Some organizational priorities include:
- Building policies, procedures and services that uplift and protect everyone and do not lead to inequalities;
- Creating teams and relationships among staff, volunteers, and supporters that are reflective of the populations we serve;
- Increasing engagement of communities of color, women, those with disabilities, and all people historically shut out of electoral and caucus processes;
- Prioritizing the inclusion of diverse communities in internal leadership;
- Fostering a culture of open-mindedness, compassion, and inclusiveness;
- Creating and maintaining opportunities for engagement, education, and discourse related to issues of equity, diversity, and inclusion; and
- Changing the historical culture of inequity and exclusion pervasive in political campaigns.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Campaign recruits, hires, trains, transfers, and promotes qualified candidates on the basis of individual merit and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.