Nevada Constituency Coordinator
at Bernie 2020 (View all jobs)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Nevada Constituency Coordinator
Application Deadline: Rolling Desired Start Date: As soon as available Type: Full time
Bernie 2020 is seeking a motivated, dynamic Constituency Coordinator to join our Nevada team. Our campaign has an ambitious goal: to build the largest national grassroots operation in campaign history. This will require empowering volunteers, activist leaders, and supporters to organize their communities to take on Trump and the billionaire class at an unprecedented scale.
We encourage you to apply for this position if you are passionate about building strong personal relationships to bring together a broad coalition of partners and stakeholders interested in building progressive power. The ideal candidate excels at relationship cultivation and management, political analysis outreach, and community outreach, as well as field tactics and training, and event execution. The successful candidate will have solid political acumen, be a team player, and thrive in an ever-changing environment.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
This campaign is committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in hiring, in programming, and in all other aspects of the work we do. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are deeply connected to our mission, our success, and to serving the American people. Some organizational priorities include:
- Building policies, procedures and services that uplift and protect everyone and do not lead to inequalities;
- Creating teams and relationships among staff, volunteers, and supporters that are reflective of the populations we serve;
- Increasing engagement of communities of color, women, those with disabilities, and all people historically shut out of electoral and caucus processes;
- Prioritizing the inclusion of diverse communities in internal leadership;
- Fostering a culture of open-mindedness, compassion, and inclusiveness;
- Creating and maintaining opportunities for engagement, education, and discourse related to issues of equity, diversity, and inclusion; and
- Changing the historical culture of inequity and exclusion pervasive in political campaigns.
- Serve as a representative of the campaign at public political and grassroots events across the state
- Plan and execute constituency outreach events to engage targeted communities
- Managing, training and developing the organizing and volunteer management skills of constituency organizers
- Supporting constituency organizers to train and develop volunteer leaders and volunteer teams.
- Ensure that organizers are staying on task, sticking to their constituency plan and on track to recruit 40 volunteer leaders that can turn out 15 people each for Caucus
- Morning check-in calls with organizers
- Coach organizers on canvassing, hot-spotting, phonebanking, 1:1, event and relational best practices.
- Run Weekly Deep Dive
- Conduct weekly 1:1 with organizers
- Ensure organizers are inputting numbers into Constituency PTG
- Ensure organizers are inputting CTC cards collected, 1:1 in VAN and relational organizing in Quickbase
- Keep track of organizers weekly schedule
- Get reports back from events attended
- Work with FD, DFD and Ops on logistical requests for events (flyers, food, venue etc.)
- Do 1:1's, relational organizing and constituency political outreach as needed.
- Ensuring all voter data is treated with the utmost integrity
- Occasional in-state travel for meetings or events
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supervising a team of constituency organizers, including weekly 1-hour, documented supervisory check-ins with staff that report to you.
- Provide constituency organizers support to grow and develop as organizers.
- Demonstrated experience in political electoral, community, labor, or movement organizing
- Strong interpersonal communication skills. Ability to maintain a personable and professional demeanor
- Comfort working in fast-paced environments, and ability to navigate complex and nuanced situations
- Commitment to building strong relationships across race, gender, class, and other group identities. Understanding of and self-awareness around the intersections of race, gender, sexuality, and other identities
- Ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment that may include long hours, nights, and weekends
- Experience with campaigns, labor, or progressive organizing in Nevada
- Experience with community outreach roles and relational organizing
- Experience building multiracial organizing efforts and prior training on equity and inclusion
- Experience with and strong network within Nevada’s community organizing landscape
$48,000 on an annual basis.
Full Time employees are eligible for benefits, including health care, vision, and dental insurance; sick leave, paid time off, cell phone stipend, and more.
Bernie 2020 recruits, hires, trains, transfers, and promotes qualified candidates on the basis of individual merit and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.