Nevada Latinx Constituency Coordinator
at Bernie 2020 (View all jobs)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Nevada Latino Constituency Coordinator
Application Deadline: Rolling Desired Start Date: As soon as available Type: Full time
Bernie 2020 is seeking a motivated, dynamic Latinx Constituency Coordinator to join our Nevada team. Our campaign has an ambitious goal: to build the largest national grassroots operation in campaign history. This will require empowering volunteers, activist leaders, and supporters to organize their communities to take on Trump and the billionaire class at an unprecedented scale.
The Latinx Outreach Associate, based in Las Vegas, will organize statewide political and constituency outreach efforts, focused on engaging Nevada’s Latinx communities. We encourage you to apply for this position if you are passionate about building strong personal relationships to bring together a broad coalition of partners and stakeholders interested in building progressive power. The ideal candidate excels at relationship cultivation and management, political analysis outreach, and community outreach, as well as field tactics and training, and event execution. The successful candidate will have solid political acumen, be a team player, and thrive in an ever-changing environment.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
This campaign is committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in hiring, in programming, and in all other aspects of the work we do. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are deeply connected to our mission, our success, and to serving the American people. Some organizational priorities include:
- Building policies, procedures and services that uplift and protect everyone and do not lead to inequalities;
- Creating teams and relationships among staff, volunteers, and supporters that are reflective of the populations we serve;
- Increasing engagement of communities of color, women, those with disabilities, and all people historically shut out of electoral and caucus processes;
- Prioritizing the inclusion of diverse communities in internal leadership;
- Fostering a culture of open-mindedness, compassion, and inclusiveness;
- Creating and maintaining opportunities for engagement, education, and discourse related to issues of equity, diversity, and inclusion; and
- Changing the historical culture of inequity and exclusion pervasive in political campaigns.
- Cultivate a diverse political network and maintain relationships with leaders and organizations within the Latinx organizing, progressive and political landscape
- Implement a Latinx political outreach program that compliments overall voter contact efforts
- Assist in identifying and cultivating a strong base of Latinx supporters, including potential campaign chairs, endorsers, surrogates and volunteers
- Serve as a representative of the campaign at public political and grassroots events across the state
- Plan and execute constituency outreach events to engage the Latinx community
- Prepare background materials on the who, what, why of current events in advance of a principal visit to the State
- Managing, training and developing the organizing and volunteer management skills of Latinx constituency organizers
- Supporting constituency organizers to train and develop volunteer leaders and volunteer teams.
- Ensuring all voter data is treated with the utmost integrity
- Occasional in-state travel for meetings or events
- Other duties as assigned
- Supervising a team of constituency organizers, including weekly 1-hour, documented supervisory check-ins with staff that report to you.
- Provide constituency organizers support to grow and develop as organizers.
- Demonstrated experience in political electoral, community, labor, or movement organizing
- Strong interpersonal communication skills. Ability to maintain a personable and professional demeanor
- Comfort working in fast-paced environments, and ability to navigate complex and nuanced situations
- Commitment to building strong relationships across race, gender, class, and other group identities. Understanding of and self-awareness around the intersections of race, gender, sexuality, and other identities
- Ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment that may include long hours, nights, and weekends
- Experience with campaigns, labor, or progressive organizing in Nevada
- Experience with community outreach roles and relational organizing
- Experience building multiracial organizing efforts and prior training on equity and inclusion
- Experience with and strong network within Nevada’s Latinx community organizing landscape
$48,000 on an annual basis.
Full Time employees are eligible for benefits, including health care, vision, and dental insurance; sick leave, paid time off, cell phone stipend, and more.
Bernie 2020 recruits, hires, trains, transfers, and promotes qualified candidates on the basis of individual merit and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.