Iowa VAN Administrator
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Desired Start Date: ASAP
Type: Full Time
Application Deadline: Rolling
The Bernie 2020 campaign is seeking an Iowa Data Administrator. The Iowa Data Administrator will be a part of the team responsible for maintaining a data structure that will allow us to win the Iowa Caucuses, as well as training staff on how to use it. This job will include creating training materials, maintaining user accounts across various tools, maintaining data integrity, providing support, and executing ad hoc analytics requests. This position will be based in Iowa and will report to the Iowa Caucus Director.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Administration of Bernie 2020 Iowa VAN accounts and associated tools
- Work closely with our Iowa field team to implement the Iowa Caucus strategy
- Communicate on a continual basis with the national data team to integrate state and national systems
- Build and maintain training manuals and presentations that cover a variety of campaign tools and our standard operating procedures
- Support voter contact and organizing projects
- Occasional in-state travel
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong leadership capabilities, experience leading teams is preferred
- Strong alignment to Bernie 2020 campaign platform
- Extensive experience working with VAN including turf cutting, regionalization, and volunteer management
- Experience creating training documents (including: guides, toolkits, manuals, and slide presentations)
- Experience working in a large political campaign
- Ability to communicate well with both technical and nontechnical staff
- Ability to self manage and thrive in a high pressure, fast-paced campaign environment sometimes requiring night and weekend work
Some day-to-day management of interns and other positions related to data.
Full-time staff are eligible for the campaign’s benefits package, including health insurance, dental, vision, and ancillary coverage; as well as paid time off, and more.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
This campaign is committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in hiring, in programming, and in all other aspects of the work we do. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are deeply connected to our mission, our success, and to serving the American people. Some organizational priorities include:
- Building policies, procedures, and services that uplift and protect everyone and do not lead to inequalities;
- Creating teams and relationships among staff, volunteers, and supporters that are reflective of the populations we serve;
- Increasing engagement of communities of color, women, those with disabilities, and all people historically shut out of electoral and caucus processes;
- Prioritizing the inclusion of diverse communities in internal leadership;
- Fostering a culture of open-mindedness, compassion, and inclusiveness;
- Creating and maintaining opportunities for engagement, education, and discourse related to issues of equity, diversity, and inclusion; and
- Changing the historical culture of inequity and exclusion pervasive in political campaigns.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Campaign recruits, hires, trains, transfers, and promotes qualified candidates on the basis of individual merit and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.