Call Team National Organizer
Application Deadline: Rolling
Desired Start Date: As soon as available
Location: Remote, Pacific or Mountain Standard Time preferred.
Bernie 2020 is seeking a motivated, dynamic Call Team Organizer to join our national team. Our campaign has an ambitious goal: to build the largest national grassroots electoral operation in campaign history. This will require empowering volunteers, activist leaders, and supporters to organize their communities to take on Trump and the billionaire class at an unprecedented scale.
The Call Team National Organizer is a key role in our national calling program and is integral in our overall national distributed organizing and voter contact program. The ideal candidate has strong organizing skills, is tech-savvy, is knowledgeable with predictive dialer systems, and has experience either managing or participating in distributed volunteer teams. This role will be responsible for assisting with calling technology management, website management, and related systems, while simultaneously running multiple dynamic remote volunteer teams.
- Design and develop volunteer materials to support, train and grow the largest multi-language call program in the history of American politics.
- Bottomline daily dialer systems functionality, including configuring, loading and tracking calling lists, writing and editing call scripts, and ensuring support systems are fully operational at all times.
- Fields requests from volunteers and state staff to quickly and effectively triage technical issues, ensuring reliable dialer performance.
- Interface with the data team to communicate program needs and maintain strong data integrity across national calling program.
- Supervise volunteer teams providing ongoing updates, frequent team calls, reporting results and recognizing super volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Fluent in Spanish
- Experience creating, scaling, and managing complex voter contact and phone persuasion programs.
- Knowledge of and strong proficiency with predictive dialer tools and software, ex: ThruTalk
- Experience leading distributed volunteer teams, either as a staff organizer or volunteer, strongly preferred
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and leadership communication skills.
- Articulate, compelling communicator in writing and in person.
- Comfort working in fast-paced environments, and ability to navigate complex and nuanced situations
- Familiar with Slack, Google Drive, Go-To-Webinar (or equivalent), iMovie or equivalent.
- 1-2 campaign cycles (with experience as an organizer) preferred
- Flexibility; every phase of this campaign will be different, and your responsibilities may shift over time.
- Strong commitment to electing Bernie Sanders and to our movement to transform this country is a must.
- Remote working will be available, because this position is ideally Pacific or Mountain Standard Time based.
- Manage multiple super volunteer teams.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
This campaign is committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in hiring, in programming, and in all other aspects of the work we do. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are deeply connected to our mission, our success, and to serving the American people. Some organizational priorities include:
- Building policies, procedures and services that uplift and protect everyone and do not lead to inequalities;
- Creating teams and relationships among staff, volunteers, and supporters that are reflective of the populations we serve;
- Increasing engagement of communities of color, women, those with disabilities, and all people historically shut out of electoral and caucus processes;
- Prioritizing the inclusion of diverse communities in internal leadership;
- Fostering a culture of open-mindedness, compassion, and inclusiveness;
- Creating and maintaining opportunities for engagement, education, and discourse related to issues of equity, diversity, and inclusion; and
- Changing the historical culture of inequity and exclusion pervasive in political campaigns.
Equal Opportunity Employer The Campaign recruits, hires, trains, transfers, and promotes qualified candidates on the basis of individual merit and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.