Iowa Constituency Organizer
Number of positions: 10
Desired Start Date: As soon as available
Application Deadline: Rolling
Bernie 2020 is seeking dedicated, dynamic, and creative Constituency Organizers to join our Iowa team. Our campaign is bringing millions of people together to build an unprecedented multi-racial, grassroots coalition. This is how we will build the largest people-powered movement in U.S. presidential campaign history.
The Constituency Field Organizers will mobilize and engage specific constituency groups across Iowa through intentional campaigns and programs. Constituencies the organizers may work with include the Latinx community, African Americans, Asian and Pacific Islanders, and Muslim-Americans.
The ideal candidates are organizers who excel at volunteer management, volunteer leadership development and think critically with a strong intersectionality lens.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identifying, recruiting, and supporting volunteer leaders
- Conducting regular in-person training and calls for volunteers
- Recruiting, managing, energizing and organizing volunteer teams
- Developing culturally competent materials and systems for volunteer programs
- Building meaningful relationships with volunteers and supporters
- Organizing events and mass meetings
- Identifying supporters in assigned regions
- Motivating volunteers to meet voter contact goals
- Organizing communities in a particular geographic area
- This role will involve daily driving
- Being available for a 6-day work week
- Other duties as assigned
- Managing teams of volunteers to support and advance campaign goals
- Manage volunteer leaders to organize their communities
- Goals and solutions-oriented, with the ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment that may include long hours, nights, and weekends
- Strong commitment to working with diverse communities to build power and momentum to win the nomination for Bernie Sanders and defeat Donald Trump
- Able to communicate, work and engage with diverse groups of people
- Public speaking skills with experience leading small and large trainings and presentations
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and able to work as part of a team
- Experience working with African American, Asian Pacific Islanders, or Latino constituencies ideal
- Bilingual or multilingual; fluent in Spanish, Chinese, Tagalog, Vietnamese, Arabic, Hindi, Japanese, or Urdu preferred.
Full Time employees are eligible for benefits, including health care, vision, and dental insurance; sick leave, paid time off, cell phone stipend, and more.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
This campaign is committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in hiring, in programming, and in all other aspects of the work we do. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are deeply connected to our mission, our success, and to serving the American people. Some organizational priorities include:
- Building policies, procedures and services that uplift and protect everyone and do not lead to inequalities;
- Creating teams and relationships among staff, volunteers, and supporters that are reflective of the populations we serve;
- Increasing engagement of communities of color, women, those with disabilities, and all people historically shut out of electoral and caucus processes;
- Prioritizing the inclusion of diverse communities in internal leadership;
- Fostering a culture of open-mindedness, compassion, and inclusiveness;
- Creating and maintaining opportunities for engagement, education, and discourse related to issues of equity, diversity, and inclusion; and
- Changing the historical culture of inequity and exclusion pervasive in political campaigns.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Campaign recruits, hires, trains, transfers, and promotes qualified candidates on the basis of individual merit and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.