Location: Washington, DC
Desired Start Date: ASAP
Type: Full Time
Application Deadline: Open
The Bernie 2020 campaign is seeking qualified individuals to fill out our Research Department. Research Associates will work closely with the Research Director on producing and approving content for use in earned and paid media communications.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting news, Internet, video, and database research
- Assisting with strategic planning of research projects
- Pitching and development of research driven earned media and digital content
- Collecting and analyzing public records
- Writing narrative driven research reports
- Fact checking and approving digital and paid communications content.
- Vetting individuals and locations for campaign activities
- Performing other duties, including media monitoring, as assigned
- Work a 6-day work week.
- Limited management of interns and associates for media monitoring or other projects
- Previous political research experience required, 1-2 cycles of campaign experience preferred.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of information – news articles, video, votes, campaign finance, legal documents, primary source materials – into factual and concise narratives.
- Ability to work independently while meeting strict deadlines.
- Familiarity with Lexis-Nexis, records & research databases, primary source documents.
- Experience with media monitoring a plus.
- Creative thinking, a knack for storytelling, and willingness to problem solve.
- Ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment that may include long hours, nights, and weekends.
$52,000 or commensurate with experience
Full Time employees are eligible for benefits, including health care, vision, and dental insurance; sick leave, paid time off, cell phone stipend, and more.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
This campaign is committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in hiring, in programming, and in all other aspects of the work we do. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are deeply connected to our mission, our success, and to serving the American people. Some organizational priorities include:
- Building policies, procedures and services that uplift and protect everyone and do not lead to inequalities;
- Creating teams and relationships among staff, volunteers, and supporters that are reflective of the populations we serve;
- Increasing engagement of communities of color, women, those with disabilities, and all people historically shut out of electoral and caucus processes;
- Prioritizing the inclusion of diverse communities in internal leadership;
- Fostering a culture of open-mindedness, compassion, and inclusiveness;
- Creating and maintaining opportunities for engagement, education, and discourse related to issues of equity, diversity, and inclusion; and
- Changing the historical culture of inequity and exclusion pervasive in political campaigns.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Campaign recruits, hires, trains, transfers, and promotes qualified candidates on the basis of individual merit and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.