Fundraising Data Analyst
Location: Washington, DC Application Deadline: Rolling
Desired Start Date: Type: Full-time
Bernie 2020 is seeking a Fundraising Data Analyst to join the campaign’s fundraising team. This position reports to the Digital Fundraising Director.
We’re looking for somebody to lead the analysis of our fundraising data from the nearly one million donors who have made 2.5 million contributions to help elect Bernie Sanders as the next president of the United States.You’ll work with the largest small-donor fundraising data set in the presidential race, with the goal of helping our campaign learn from and optimize on our work raising money online.
To put it simply, Bernie 2020's Fundraising Data Analyst will wake up every day ready to discover, learn, and teach everything there is to know about our fundraising data — knowing that your work will transform our country.
● Working directly with our fundraising team to provide ongoing analysis and insights into our fundraising program
● Translating incredible amounts of data into beautiful spreadsheets, dashboards, and visualizations
● Managing the testing and optimization analysis, reporting, and planning processes to help our team learn what works, what doesn’t, and how to establish current best practices.
● Working with consumer data, voter files, FEC data, and our internal data sources to find trends, spot patterns, and highlight opportunities for our digital communications.
● Managing data quality — work across our team and campaign to make sure we have the best, cleanest, and most up-to-date fundraising information about our supporters.
● Thinking of and working on solutions to make our emails, texts, ads, and website the most compelling they can be to inspire people to give, give again, and give larger donations.
● Other duties as assigned.
● A deep desire to find ways to optimize for every penny of a fundraising program.
● A deep respect for our supporters and an idea of what motivates them to donate to
Bernie — we want to inspire more people to donate more money, not to con them.
● Expert command of SQL
● Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, ActBlue, Shopify
● Familiarity with CRM such as ActionKit, Action Network, or Blue State Digital
● Mastery of statistical significance, sample sizes, Chi Squared tests, t-tests, and more
● Ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment that may include long hours, nights, and
● Analysis of FEC data
● Working in a data analysis capacity in left, progressive, or Democratic politics
● Working in Python or a similar language
● Constructing and tuning machine learning models
● Modeling retention and churn
Full Time employees are eligible for benefits, including health care, vision, and dental insurance; sick leave, paid time off, cell phone stipend, and more.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
This campaign is committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in hiring, in programming, and in all other aspects of the work we do. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are deeply connected to our mission, our success, and to serving the American people. Some organizational priorities include:
● Building policies, procedures and services that uplift and protect everyone and do not lead to inequalities;
● Creating teams and relationships among staff, volunteers, and supporters that are reflective of the populations we serve;
● Increasing engagement of communities of color, women, those with disabilities, and all people historically shut out of electoral and caucus processes;
● Prioritizing the inclusion of diverse communities in internal leadership;
● Fostering a culture of open-mindedness, compassion, and inclusiveness;
● Creating and maintaining opportunities for engagement, education, and discourse
related to issues of equity, diversity, and inclusion; and
● Changing the historical culture of inequity and exclusion pervasive in political campaigns.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Campaign recruits, hires, trains, transfers, and promotes qualified candidates on the basis of individual merit and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.