Nevada Data Analyst
Desired Start Date: ASAP
Type: Full Time
Application Deadline: Rolling
The Bernie 2020 campaign is seeking a Nevada Data Analyst. The Nevada Data Analyst will be responsible for assisting the Nevada Data Director in implementing our state strategy and sometimes assisting the national data team with key projects. The Nevada Data Analyst will be expected to tactically execute assigned projects. This job will include working closely with VAN (campaigns CRM), building reporting and data visualizations, analyzing voter and volunteer data, and executing ad hoc analytics requests. This position will be based in Nevada and will report to the Nevada Data Director.
- Execute projects as described and assigned by the Data Director and other members of Nevada’s senior staff
- Assist in administering and maintaining the voter outreach database (VAN)
- Build visualizations and reporting for key metrics and ad hoc requests
- Define and extract lists of voters
- Other duties as assigned
- Occasional in-state travel
- Be available to work a 6-day work week
- Have worked in a campaign either professionally or as a super volunteer (20+ hours a week for more than a month)
- Previous work with VAN (or similar politically adjacent CRMs, but VAN experience will be prioritized)
- Willingness to learn SQL and other programming languages
- Experience with SQL:
- Writing complex queries that include a variety of JOINs and other functions
- Build and maintain SQL ETL pipelines
- Experience manipulating and presenting data in spreadsheets
- Ability to communicate well with nontechnical staff
- Proficiency with Python, R or a similar language is a plus but not required
- Ability to self-manage and thrive in a high pressure, fast paced campaign environment sometimes requiring night and weekend work
Note: Working hours must not exceed 56 hours/week.
Full Time employees are eligible for benefits, including health care, vision, and dental insurance; sick leave, paid time off, cell phone stipend, and more.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
This campaign is committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in hiring, in programming, and in all other aspects of the work we do. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are deeply connected to our mission, our success, and to serving the American people. Some organizational priorities include:
- Building policies, procedures and services that uplift and protect everyone and do not lead to inequalities;
- Creating teams and relationships among staff, volunteers, and supporters that are reflective of the populations we serve;
- Increasing engagement of communities of color, women, those with disabilities, and all people historically shut out of electoral and caucus processes;
- Prioritizing the inclusion of diverse communities in internal leadership;
- Fostering a culture of open-mindedness, compassion, and inclusiveness;
- Creating and maintaining opportunities for engagement, education, and discourse related to issues of equity, diversity, and inclusion; and
- Changing the historical culture of inequity and exclusion pervasive in political campaigns.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Campaign recruits, hires, trains, transfers, and promotes qualified candidates on the basis of individual merit and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.