Data Projects Manager
Location: Washington D.C. or Remote
Desired Start Date: ASAP
Type: Full Time
Application Deadline: Rolling
The Bernie 2020 campaign is seeking a Data Projects Manager to coordinate implementation of campaign technologies and take on ad hoc project requests. The initial project of the role will be to standardize national VAN procedures, ensure that all states are using it as effectively as possible, and ensure that all support needs are taken care of. As we find additional capacity, this person will have the opportunity to contribute elsewhere to ensure that our national program and state campaigns are functioning as effectively as possible.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Interface between DNC, VAN and state field programs
- Set and maintain VAN usage protocol with state field staff, and across all states.
- Support National Data Team to ensure that pipelines that impact VAN are working correctly
- Supervise the creation and review VAN training materials
- Ensure that teams are utilizing VAN in the most effective way possible
- Complete ad hoc analysis to assess the effectiveness of campaign programs
- Provide guidance on campaign best practices and opportunities for improvement
- Build tools and reports to support the national campaign program, potentially impacting the organizing, digital, distributed, and paid media teams
- Occasional travel to the states for program implementation, training, etc
- Other duties as assigned
- Extensive experience working with VAN
- Extensive experience working in progressive political campaigns
- Extensive experience working with data in SQL
- Extensive experience manipulating and presenting data in spreadsheets
- Proficiency with Python or a similar language is a plus but not required
- Proficiency with GIS or other mapping tools is a plus but not required
- Ability to communicate well with nontechnical staff
- Ability to self manage and thrive in a high pressure, fast paced campaign environment sometimes requiring night and weekend work
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong alignment to Bernie 2020 campaign platform
- This person may need to spend 1-2 weeks working from key states, although we do not expect them to be traveling for a majority of their time.
$65,000 - $100,000, dependent on experience.
Full time staff are eligible for the campaign’s benefits package, including health insurance, dental, vision, and ancillary coverage; as well as paid time off, and more.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
This campaign is committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in hiring, in programming, and in all other aspects of the work we do. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are deeply connected to our mission, our success, and to serving the American people. Some organizational priorities include:
- Building policies, procedures and services that uplift and protect everyone and do not lead to inequalities;
- Creating teams and relationships among staff, volunteers, and supporters that are reflective of the populations we serve;
- Increasing engagement of communities of color, women, those with disabilities, and all people historically shut out of electoral and caucus processes;
- Prioritizing the inclusion of diverse communities in internal leadership;
- Fostering a culture of open-mindedness, compassion, and inclusiveness;
- Creating and maintaining opportunities for engagement, education, and discourse related to issues of equity, diversity, and inclusion; and
- Changing the historical culture of inequity and exclusion pervasive in political campaigns.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Campaign recruits, hires, trains, transfers, and promotes qualified candidates on the basis of individual merit and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.