National Constituency Organizer
Number of positions: three
Desired Start Date: As soon as available
Application Deadline: Rolling
Bernie 2020 is seeking dedicated, dynamic, and creative Constituency Organizers to join our national team. Our campaign is bringing millions of people together to build an unprecedented multi-racial, grassroots coalition. This is how we will build the largest people-powered movement in U.S. presidential campaign history.
The Constituency Organizers will mobilize and engage specific constituency groups across the country through intentional campaigns and programs. They will design and use distributed organizing systems which allow for grassroots organizing at a national scale. Constituencies the organizers may work with include African Americans, Asian and Pacific Islanders, Latinos, Muslims, LGBTQIA, and veterans communities.
The ideal candidates are organizers who excel at volunteer management, organizing strategy, volunteer leadership development, training curriculum development and thinks critically with a strong intersectionality lens.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting regular mass digital and in-person trainings and calls for volunteers
- Recruiting, managing, energizing and organizing remote volunteer teams
- Understanding and developing programs that utilize revolutionary tech tools like the BERN app and the Bernie dialer
- Developing culturally competent training materials and systems for volunteer programs
- Working collaboratively with team members and leadership to support and execute constituency-focused programs
- Applying the campaign’s organizing vision to create and support the implementation of culturally relevant campaigns and volunteer-led activities
- Supporting state field and political teams in their organizing efforts
- If multilingual, translating organizing guides, scripts, and trainings
- Be available for a 6-day work week
- Other duties as assigned
- Managing teams of distributed volunteers to support and advance campaign goals
- Goals and solutions oriented, with the ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment that may include long hours, nights, and weekends.
- Strong commitment to working with diverse communities to build power and momentum to win the nomination for Bernie Sanders and defeat Donald Trump
- Able to communicate, work and engage with diverse groups of people
- Experience mobilizing volunteers from online to offline events.
- Public speaking skills with experience leading small and large trainings and presentations
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and able to work as part of a team
- Experience with Slack, Google Drive (Google Sheets in particular) or Go-To-Webinar or equivalent.
- Experience working or volunteering on electoral, union, or community organizing campaigns
- Experience working with African American, Asian Pacific Islanders, or Latino constituencies ideal
- Bilingual or multilingual; fluent in Spanish, Chinese, Tagalog, Vietnamese, Arabic, Hindi, Japanese, or Urdu preferred.
Full-Time employees are eligible for benefits, including health care, vision, and dental insurance; sick leave, paid time off, cell phone stipend, and more.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
This campaign is committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in hiring, in programming, and in all other aspects of the work we do. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are deeply connected to our mission, our success, and to serving the American people. Some organizational priorities include:
- Building policies, procedures and services that uplift and protect everyone and do not lead to inequalities;
- Creating teams and relationships among staff, volunteers, and supporters that are reflective of the populations we serve;
- Increasing engagement of communities of color, women, those with disabilities, and all people historically shut out of electoral and caucus processes;
- Prioritizing the inclusion of diverse communities in internal leadership;
- Fostering a culture of open-mindedness, compassion, and inclusiveness;
- Creating and maintaining opportunities for engagement, education, and discourse related to issues of equity, diversity, and inclusion; and
- Changing the historical culture of inequity and exclusion pervasive in political campaigns.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Campaign recruits, hires, trains, transfers, and promotes qualified candidates on the basis of individual merit and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.