Nevada Deputy Field Director
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Application Deadline: Rolling
Desired Start Date: As soon as available
Type: Full Time
Bernie 2020 is seeking a motivated, dynamic Deputy Field Director to join our Nevada team. Our campaign has an ambitious goal: to build the largest national grassroots operation in campaign history. This will require empowering volunteers, activist leaders, and supporters to organize their communities to take on Trump and the billionaire class at an unprecedented scale.
The Deputy Field Director is a core role in implementing the field strategy in Nevada. We encourage you to apply for this position if you are passionate about helping manage a powerful staff team that can support volunteers to do the critical work of building grassroots power. The ideal candidate excels at team management, field strategy, problem solving and leadership development.
- Take direction from State Field Director to implement a massive field program that can recruit and activate volunteers and volunteer leaders to grow our voter contact program and mobilize voters at scale.
- Manage a team of Regional Field Directors to meet and exceed benchmarks for voter contact, volunteer recruitment, grassroots engagement and GOTV.
- Train volunteers and field staff, to build powerful, persuasive volunteer teams and teach the campaign’s theory of change.
- Work collaboratively with team members and leadership to improve the organizing program and provide feedback and lessons-learned. Participate in regular debriefs and actively seek out and share best practices.
- Actively build an organizational culture that is welcoming and inspiring and a work environment that is inclusive and equitable.
- Travel as needed to support staff and volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in a field role managing staff and volunteer leaders.
- Demonstrated experience in electoral, community, labor, or movement organizing.
- Demonstrated experience managing teams to meet specific goals.
- Ability to train in both hard and soft skill development.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills. Ability to retain a personable and friendly demeanor.
- Familiarity with peer-to-peer texting, dialer, Google Suite, and canvassing software.
- Comfort working in fast-paced environments, and ability to navigate complex and nuanced situations.
- Commitment to building strong relationships across race, gender, class, and other group identities. Understanding of and self-awareness around the intersections of race, gender, sexuality, and other identities.
- Experience building multiracial organizing efforts and prior training in equity and inclusion.
- Public speaking skills and/or experience leading trainings for medium-sized or large groups.
- Regular check-ins with staff that report to you.
- Implement management structure for the field team to track metrics and hold staff accountable to data-driven goals.
- Model clear communication, expectation setting, and empowering culture for the field team.
Full time staff are eligible for the campaign’s benefits package, including health insurance, dental, vision, and ancillary coverage; as well as paid time off, and more.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
This campaign is committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in hiring, in programming, and in all other aspects of the work we do. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are deeply connected to our mission, our success, and to serving the American people. Some organizational priorities include:
- Building policies, procedures and services that uplift and protect everyone and do not lead to inequalities;
- Creating teams and relationships among staff, volunteers, and supporters that are reflective of the populations we serve;
- Increasing engagement of communities of color, women, those with disabilities, and all people historically shut out of electoral and caucus processes;
- Prioritizing the inclusion of diverse communities in internal leadership;
- Fostering a culture of open-mindedness, compassion, and inclusiveness;
- Creating and maintaining opportunities for engagement, education, and discourse related to issues of equity, diversity, and inclusion; and
- Changing the historical culture of inequity and exclusion pervasive in political campaigns.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Campaign recruits, hires, trains, transfers, and promotes qualified candidates on the basis of individual merit and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.