New Hampshire Campus Outreach Organizer
New Hampshire Campus Outreach Organizer
Location: Manchester, New Hampshire
Application Deadline: Rolling
Desired Start Date: TBD
Bernie 2020 is seeking a motivated, dynamic Campus Outreach Organizer to join our New Hampshire team. Our campaign has an ambitious goal: to build the largest national grassroots operation in campaign history. This will require empowering volunteers, activist leaders, and supporters to organize their communities to take on Trump and the billionaire class at an unprecedented scale.
The Campus Outreach Organizer is in charge of organizing colleges campuses in New Hampshire. We encourage you to apply for this position if you are passionate about being a part of a powerful staff team that can support volunteers to do the critical work of building grassroots power. The ideal candidate excels at understanding the needs of college students; recruiting, developing and training volunteers and directing canvasses and phonebanks.
- Meet benchmarks for voter contact, volunteer recruitment, grassroots engagement and GOTV
- Motivate student populations in New Hampshire and use our plan to deliver the student vote
- Coordinate campus field plans with the Campus Outreach Director and State Field Director
- Build a massive field program on your campuses that can recruit and activate volunteers and volunteer leaders to grow our voter contact program and mobilize voters at scale
- Manage training program for student volunteers to build powerful, persuasive volunteer teams and teach the campaign’s theory of change
- Organize events and meetings
- Participate in regular debriefs and actively seek out and share best practices
- Use digital tools to support organizing on the ground
- Actively build an organizational culture that is welcoming and inspiring and a working environment that is inclusive and equitable
- In-state travel by car required
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to multitask, create and achieve goals, meet deadlines and creatively solve problems
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, such as canvasses and barnstorms.
- Strong willingness to learn and adapt
- Ability to take feedback and implement changes in real time
- Good listening skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with student populations
- Demonstrated experience in electoral, community, labor, or movement organizing
- Demonstrated experience managing teams to meet specific goals
- Strong interpersonal communication skills. Ability to remain a personable and friendly demeanor
- Comfort working in fast-paced environments, and ability to navigate complex and nuanced situations.
- Access to a reliable vehicle due to the extremely limited public transportation
- Commitment to building strong relationships across race, gender, class, and other group identities
- Understanding of and self-awareness around the intersections of race, gender, sexuality, and other identities
This role will lead a team of volunteer organizers
Full Time employees are eligible for benefits, including health care, vision, and dental insurance; sick leave, paid time off, cell phone stipend, and more.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
This campaign is committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in hiring, in programming, and in all other aspects of the work we do. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are deeply connected to our mission, our success, and to serving the American people. Some organizational priorities include:
- Building policies, procedures and services that uplift and protect everyone and do not lead to inequalities;
- Creating teams and relationships among staff, volunteers, and supporters that are reflective of the populations we serve;
- Increasing engagement of communities of color, women, those with disabilities, and all people historically shut out of electoral and caucus processes;
- Prioritizing the inclusion of diverse communities in internal leadership;
- Fostering a culture of open-mindedness, compassion, and inclusiveness;
- Creating and maintaining opportunities for engagement, education, and discourse related to issues of equity, diversity, and inclusion; and
- Changing the historical culture of inequity and exclusion pervasive in political campaigns.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Campaign recruits, hires, trains, transfers, and promotes qualified candidates on the basis of individual merit and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.