Application Deadline: Rolling
Desired Start Date: August
Location: Des Moines, IA
Bernie 2020 is seeking a motivated, dynamic Field Coordinator to join our Iowa Team. Our campaign has an ambitious goal: to build the largest national grassroots operation in campaign history. This will require empowering volunteers, activist leaders, and supporters to organize their communities to take on Trump and the billionaire class at an unprecedented scale.
The Field Coordinator will support the Iowa field program by coordinating field logistics for events and field offices, and coordinating out of state volunteer logistics.
The position entails supporting the Iowa field program to have the resources it needs to hit its goals on a daily basis. It will involve coordinating between the Iowa Operations Director, the Iowa Field Director, and supporting the needs of dozens of Iowa field offices and Iowa field staff. The Field Coordinator will need experience with electoral field programs as well as experience coordinating operations for a large organization or political campaign.
- Coordinating logistics for large field events and field offices
- Coordinating out of state volunteers to maximize their capacity
- Tracking and maintaining Iowa field budget
- Work with the Ops Director, Field Director and Deputy Field Director to coordinate all necessary logistics for the field program.
- Experience with and understanding of an electoral field program
- Experience coordinating Operations for a large organization or political campaign.
- Ability to multitask, create and achieve goals, meet deadlines and creatively solve problems
- Experience with working in coordination across departments
- Strong willingness to learn and adapt
- Ability to take feedback and implement changes in real-time
- Strong listening skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment that may include long hours, nights, and weekends
Supervisory Duties: N/A
Full-Time employees are eligible for benefits, including health care, vision, and dental insurance; sick leave, paid time off, cell phone stipend, and more.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
This campaign is committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in hiring, in programming, and in all other aspects of the work we do. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are deeply connected to our mission, our success, and to serving the American people. Some organizational priorities include:
- Building policies, procedures and services that uplift and protect everyone and do not lead to inequalities;
- Creating teams and relationships among staff, volunteers, and supporters that are reflective of the populations we serve;
- Increasing engagement of communities of color, women, those with disabilities, and all people historically shut out of electoral and caucus processes;
- Prioritizing the inclusion of diverse communities in internal leadership;
- Fostering a culture of open-mindedness, compassion, and inclusiveness;
- Creating and maintaining opportunities for engagement, education, and discourse related to issues of equity, diversity, and inclusion; and
- Changing the historical culture of inequity and exclusion pervasive in political campaigns.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Campaign recruits, hires, trains, transfers, and promotes qualified candidates on the basis of individual merit and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.