National State Operations Manager
Location: Washington, DC
Start Date: As soon as possible
Type: Full Time
The National State Operations Manager will oversee the daily business operations for state campaigns, serving a resource for state operations staff. In states without operations teams, the National State Operations Manager will work more directly with state staff to funfill operational needs, including assisting with on-boarding, office set up and oversight, procurement, financial oversight, and in general, ensuring the deployment and adherence to policies and procedures set by the National office for Operations and Human Resources.
- Support a portfolio of state operations teams by serving as a resource of information throughout the lifecycle of the state campaign,
- Provide training and guidance in areas such as campaign culture, policies, and procedures; office set up and management, merchandise and literature procurement, budget tracking, redeployment, and office close downs,
- Identify and elevate recurring obstacles at the state level and work with National Ops to develop sustainable solutions that can be scaled and deployed nationwide
- Work with national People Operations to assist with new hires and on-boarding
- Provide and monitor access to resources managed at national operations
- Problem solve for state operations staff
- Serve as a remote Operations Director for states where operations staff are not deployed
- Other duties as assigned
- At least one cycle of campaign experience working in campaign ops
- Training skills
- Exceptionally organized with heightened attention to detail
- An overall sense of responsibility to get the job done
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with people from many backgrounds
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet frequent deadlines in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Willingness to occasionally work long hours and weekends, especially in the month ahead of the primary
This role does not have a direct report at this time.
Full Time employees are eligible for benefits, including health care, vision, and dental insurance; sick leave, paid time off, cell phone stipend, and more.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
This campaign is committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in hiring, in programming, and in all other aspects of the work we do. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are deeply connected to our mission, our success, and to serving the American people. Some organizational priorities include:
- Building policies, procedures and services that uplift and protect everyone and do not lead to inequalities;
- Creating teams and relationships among staff, volunteers, and supporters that are reflective of the populations we serve;
- Increasing engagement of communities of color, women, those with disabilities, and all people historically shut out of electoral and caucus processes;
- Prioritizing the inclusion of diverse communities in internal leadership;
- Fostering a culture of open-mindedness, compassion, and inclusiveness;
- Creating and maintaining opportunities for engagement, education, and discourse related to issues of equity, diversity, and inclusion; and
- Changing the historical culture of inequity and exclusion pervasive in political campaigns.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Campaign recruits, hires, trains, transfers, and promotes qualified candidates on the basis of individual merit and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.