California San Diego Area Field Director
Application Deadline: Rolling
Desired Start Date: July
Type: Full Time
Bernie 2020 is seeking a motivated, dynamic San Diego Area Field Director to join our California team. Our campaign has an ambitious goal: to build the largest national grassroots operation in campaign history. This will require empowering volunteers, activist leaders, and supporters to organize their communities to take on Trump and the billionaire class at an unprecedented scale.
The Field Director is in charge of making sure the campaign gets its message out through direct voter contact in the San Diego Area. We encourage you to apply for this position if you are passionate about building a powerful staff team that can support volunteers to do the critical work of building grassroots power. The ideal candidate excels at team management, field strategy, and leadership development.
- Set, meet and exceed benchmarks for voter contact, volunteer recruitment, grassroots engagement and GOTV.
- Coordinate Field strategy for the San Diego Area with California Field Director and National Organizing Team.
- Build a massive field program that can recruit and activate volunteers and volunteer leaders to grow our voter contact program and mobilize voters at scale.
- Manage training program for volunteers to build powerful, persuasive volunteer teams and teach the campaign’s theory of change.
- Work collaboratively with team members and leadership to improve the organizing program and provide feedback and lessons-learned. Participate in regular debriefs and actively seek out and share best practices.
- Actively build an organizational culture that is welcoming and inspiring and a working environment that is inclusive and equitable.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in a field role managing staff and volunteer leaders.
- Demonstrated experience in electoral, community, labor, or movement organizing.
- Demonstrated experience managing teams to meet specific goals.
- Capable of managing large quantities of data in coordination with data team.
- Ability to train in both hard and soft skill development.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills. Ability to remain a personable and friendly demeanor.
- Comfort working in fast-paced environments, and ability to navigate complex and nuanced situations.
- Commitment to building strong relationships across race, gender, class, and other group identities. Understanding of and self-awareness around the intersections of race, gender, sexuality, and other identities.
- Experience building multiracial organizing efforts and prior training equity and inclusion.
- Public speaking skills and/or experience leading trainings for medium-sized or large groups.
- Regular check-ins with staff that report to you.
- Implement management structure for the field team to track metrics and hold staff accountable to data-driven goals.
- Model clear communication, expectation setting, and empowering culture for the field team.
Full time staff are eligible for the campaign’s benefits package, including health insurance, dental, vision, and ancillary coverage; as well as paid time off, and more.
Bernie 2020 recruits, hires, trains, transfers, and promotes qualified candidates on the basis of individual merit and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.