Nevada Youth Field Fellowship
Application Deadline: Rolling
Start and End Date: July 9- August 27 (8 weeks, 20 hour work week)
Bernie 2020 is seeking motivated, dynamic Field Fellows to join our Nevada Team. Ideal applicants are high school students or recent high school grads looking to learn organizing skills and make a difference in their communities.
Our campaign has an ambitious goal: to build the largest national grassroots organizing operation in presidential campaign history. This will require empowering volunteers, activist leaders, and supporters to organize their communities to take on Trump and the billionaire class at an unprecedented scale.
Field fellows will primarily be responsible for recruiting volunteer leaders, developing and training volunteers, and managing as well as executing direct voter contact in their designated turf.
- Voter Contact: knock on doors and make phone calls to both supporters and persuasion targets and talk to voters. Meet daily and weekly goals.
- Identify, recruit, and support volunteer leaders
- Recruit, train and develop teams of volunteers
- Build meaningful relationships with volunteers and supporters
- Identify supporters in assigned regions
- Use digital tools to support organizing on the ground
- Motivate volunteers to meet voter contact goals
- Other duties as assigned.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
This campaign is committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in hiring, in programming, and in all other aspects of the work we do. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are deeply connected to our mission, our success, and to serving the American people. Some organizational priorities include:
- Building policies, procedures and services that uplift and protect everyone and do not lead to inequalities;
- Creating teams and relationships among staff, volunteers, and supporters that are reflective of the populations we serve;
- Increasing engagement of communities of color, women, those with disabilities, and all people historically shut out of electoral and caucus processes;
- Prioritizing the inclusion of diverse communities in internal leadership;
- Fostering a culture of open-mindedness, compassion, and inclusiveness;
- Creating and maintaining opportunities for engagement, education, and discourse related to issues of equity, diversity, and inclusion; and
- Changing the historical culture of inequity and exclusion pervasive in political campaigns
- Ability to multitask, create and achieve goals, meet deadlines and creatively solve problems
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, such as canvasses and barnstorms.
- Strong willingness to learn and adapt
- Ability to take feedback and implement changes in real time
- Good listening skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Bilingual English and Spanish
- Experience working or volunteering on electoral, union, or community organizing campaigns
$15/hour, 20 hours per week
Bernie 2020 recruits, hires, trains, transfers, and promotes qualified candidates on the basis of individual merit and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.