National Distributed Organizer: Events Program Organizer
Application Deadline: Rolling Desired
Start Date: As soon as available
Bernie 2020 is seeking a motivated, dynamic National Events Program Manager to join our national organizing team. Our campaign has an ambitious goal: to build the largest national grassroots electoral operation in campaign history. This will require empowering volunteers, activist leaders, and supporters to organize their communities to take on Trump and the billionaire class at an unprecedented scale.
The National Events Program Organizer is a key role in organizing distributed volunteer events program and is integral in our overall national organizing program. The ideal candidate has strong organizing skills, is tech-savvy, is knowledgeable with remote event support and management, and has experience either managing or participating in distributed volunteer teams. This role is responsible for ensuring successful execution of distributed events including (but not limited to) house parties, phone banks, canvasses, and volunteer led barnstorms ( organizing rallies). The role will manage the volunteer teams that are responsible for vetting, training, and supporting hosts throughout the country.
- Manage and maintain in-house event creation and event management technology.
- Design, build and manage distributed volunteer teams for host vetting, training and support.
- Work with Training & Recruiting Coordinator to create short how-to webinars, a well crafted guide for your special volunteer teams .
- Develop event specific toolkits for hosts.
- Host national calls responsible for creating distributed events.
- Supervise and build volunteer teams while providing ongoing updates, frequent team calls, reporting results and recognizing super volunteers.
- Provide reporting on events including tracking attendance and voter contact results.
- Coordinate with Calling and Texting Program managers for collaboration on turnout.
- This is a role on the national distributed organizing team, and duties may shift as program needs change, and may include other volunteer team management and support work.
- 1-2 campaign cycles with experience as an organizer working with volunteers.
- Experience with distributed volunteer teams, either as a staff organizer or volunteer, strongly preferred
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and leadership communication skills.
- Comfort working in fast-paced environments, and ability to navigate complex and nuanced situations
- Articulate, compelling communicator in writing and in person.
- Comfortable with public speaking.
- Flexibility; every phase of this campaign will be different, and your responsibilities may shift over time.
- Experience with Slack. Google Drive, Go-To-Webinar or equivalent, imovie or equivalent.
- Manage multiple super volunteer teams.
Full Time employees are eligible for benefits, including health care, vision, and dental insurance; sick leave, paid time off, cell phone stipend, and more.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
This campaign is committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in hiring, in programming, and in all other aspects of the work we do. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are deeply connected to our mission, our success, and to serving the American people. Some organizational priorities include:
- Building policies, procedures and services that uplift and protect everyone and do not lead to inequalities;
- Creating teams and relationships among staff, volunteers, and supporters that are reflective of the populations we serve;
- Increasing engagement of communities of color, women, those with disabilities, and all people historically shut out of electoral and caucus processes;
- Prioritizing the inclusion of diverse communities in internal leadership;
- Fostering a culture of open-mindedness, compassion, and inclusiveness;
- Creating and maintaining opportunities for engagement, education, and discourse related to issues of equity, diversity, and inclusion; and
- Changing the historical culture of inequity and exclusion pervasive in political campaigns.
Equal Opportunity Employer The Campaign recruits, hires, trains, transfers, and promotes qualified candidates on the basis of individual merit and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.