National Field Desk
Application Deadline: Rolling Desired
Start Date: August
Location: Washington, DC
Bernie 2020 is seeking motivated, dynamic National Field Desks to join our DC Team. Our campaign has an ambitious goal: to build the largest national grassroots operation in campaign history. This will require empowering volunteers, activist leaders, and supporters to organize their communities to take on Trump and the billionaire class at an unprecedented scale.
National Field Desks Desks support state field directors to meet and exceed goals, to solve problems, and obtain the resources they need to do their jobs well.
The position entails supporting multiple state field directors, leading trainings for state field programs, problem-solving issues that arise with statewide field programs, and interfacing between multiple departments and teams to help state field directors get the resources they need to meet their objectives. National Field Desks will need to work with distributed organizing systems and have a basic knowledge of a variety of different calling and texting tools, as well as other organizing technology.
- Frequent communication with state field directors
- Fulfill requests for state field directors.
- Work with the Deputy National Field Directors to problem-solve and support state field programs.
- Work with the Deputy National Field Directors to craft and lead trainings for state field staff.
- Interfacing with the data, constituency, and distributed organizing teams to communicate state field directors’ needs and fulfill support requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience leading a field program
- Experience as a distributed organizer, or knowledge of distributed organizing
- Experience leading trainings on organizing and developing curriculum for trainings
- Ability to multitask, create and achieve goals, meet deadlines and creatively solve problems
- Experience with management of multiple staff
- Strong willingness to learn and adapt
- Ability to take feedback and implement changes in real time
- Strong listening skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment that may include long hours, nights, and weekends
- Basic knowledge of tools like predictive and cell phone dialers, peer-to-peer texting, Slack, Airtable, and Google Suite are critical
- Experience leading a field program for a congressional-level campaign, or campaign of similar scope.
- Experience as a distributed organizing.
- Experience as a digital campaigner is a plus.
- Knowledge of CRMs like ActionKit, VAN, and similar strongly preferred
- Support state field directors, and deputy field directors. No direct supervisory duties at this time.
Full-Time employees are eligible for benefits, including health care, vision, and dental insurance; sick leave, paid time off, cell phone stipend, and more.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
This campaign is committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in hiring, in programming, and in all other aspects of the work we do. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are deeply connected to our mission, our success, and to serving the American people. Some organizational priorities include:
- Building policies, procedures and services that uplift and protect everyone and do not lead to inequalities;
- Creating teams and relationships among staff, volunteers, and supporters that are reflective of the populations we serve;
- Increasing engagement of communities of color, women, those with disabilities, and all people historically shut out of electoral and caucus processes;
- Prioritizing the inclusion of diverse communities in internal leadership;
- Fostering a culture of open-mindedness, compassion, and inclusiveness;
- Creating and maintaining opportunities for engagement, education, and discourse related to issues of equity, diversity, and inclusion; and
- Changing the historical culture of inequity and exclusion pervasive in political campaigns.
Equal Opportunity Employer The Campaign recruits, hires, trains, transfers, and promotes qualified candidates on the basis of individual merit and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.