National Distributed Organizer: Help Desk Program Organizer
Location: Washington DC Start Date: As soon as possible Type: Full-Time Application deadline: Rolling
Bernie 2020 is seeking a motivated and dynamic Help Desk Program Organizer to join our national team. Our campaign has an ambitious goal: to build the largest national grassroots electoral operation in campaign history. This will require empowering volunteers, activist leaders, and supporters to organize their communities to take on Trump and the billionaire class at an unprecedented scale.
The Help Desk Program Organizer is a key role in answering voters’ questions and bringing volunteers into our organizing work. The ideal candidate has strong organizing skills, is tech-savvy, is experienced with email ticketing software, and has experience either managing or participating in distributed volunteer teams. You will recruit, train, and manage volunteer teams responsible for responding to tens of thousands of email, phone, and social media inquires to the campaign regarding every aspect of our work.
- Manage the campaign’s help desk technology and analytics system
- Design, build, and manage distributed volunteer teams responsible for responding to all incoming email, social media, and phone inquiries to campaign.
- Coordinate with multiple states and nearly every department of the campaign in order to provide clear and consistent answers to all voter questions rapidly and accurately.
- Work with Training & Recruiting Coordinator to create onboarding materials and recruitment pipeline for continually expanding Help Desk volunteer teams.
- Work with Policy Training Manager to ensure consistency with campaign’s policy messaging strategy.
- Create weekly analytics reports for digital and organizing teams regarding feedback and inquiries to the campaign.
- Supervise and moderate volunteer teams while building new systems, running team calls, and escalating super volunteers.
- Familiarity with platforms like ZenDesk, FreshChat, and HelpScout are a plus
- This is a role on the national distributed organizing team, and duties may shift as program needs change, and may include other volunteer team management and support work.
- Experience with email ticketing software such as Zendesk, FreshDesk, and HelpScout or equivalent.
- Experience leading distributed volunteer teams, either as a staff organizer or volunteer, strongly preferred.
- Exceptional interpersonal and leadership communication skills.
- Articulate, compelling communicator in writing and in person, with strong understanding of campaign’s voice and messaging.
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment, and ability to navigate complex and nuanced situations
- Flexibility; every phase of this campaign will be different, and some responsibilities may shift over time.
- Experience with Slack, Google Sheets, Go-To-Webinar, iMovie and equivalent.
- 1-2 campaign cycles (with experience as an organizer) preferred
- Manage multiple super volunteer teams.
Full Time employees are eligible for benefits, including health care, vision, and dental insurance; sick leave, paid time off, cell phone stipend, and more.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
This campaign is committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in hiring, in programming, and in all other aspects of the work we do. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are deeply connected to our mission, our success, and to serving the American people. Some organizational priorities include:
- Building policies, procedures and services that uplift and protect everyone and do not lead to inequalities;
- Creating teams and relationships among staff, volunteers, and supporters that are reflective of the populations we serve;
- Increasing engagement of communities of color, women, those with disabilities, and all people historically shut out of electoral and caucus processes;
- Prioritizing the inclusion of diverse communities in internal leadership;
- Fostering a culture of open-mindedness, compassion, and inclusiveness;
- Creating and maintaining opportunities for engagement, education, and discourse related to issues of equity, diversity, and inclusion; and
- Changing the historical culture of inequity and exclusion pervasive in political campaigns.
Equal Opportunity Employer The Campaign recruits, hires, trains, transfers, and promotes qualified candidates on the basis of individual merit and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.