National Distributed Organizer: Help Desk Program Organizer
Location: Remote Start Date: As soon as possible Type: Full-Time Application deadline: Rolling
Bernie 2020 is seeking a motivated, dynamic National Help Desk Organizer to join our national organizing team. Our campaign has an ambitious goal: to build not only the largest national grassroots electoral operation in campaign history, but to also be the most responsive political campaign in American history. This will require empowering volunteers, activist leaders, and supporters to to communicate with the campaign easily and seamlessly as they organize their communities to take on Trump and the billionaire class at an unprecedented scale.
The National Help Desk Organizer plays a key role in this mission by recruiting, developing, and helping to lead multiple super volunteer teams responsible for fielding the tens of thousands of email, live chat, and social media inquiries our campaign receives each month. These teams will be responsible for troubleshooting and supporting nearly every aspect of our organizing work, answering and directing voter and volunteer inquires of every manner imaginable. The ideal candidate has strong organizing skills, is a quick and talented writer, enjoys testing, learning, and troubleshooting new organizing systems, and has experience and a passion for either managing or participating in distributed organizing volunteer teams.
- Help design, build, and manage distributed volunteer teams responsible for responding to all incoming email, social media, and live chat inquires to the campaign.
- Coordinate with multiple states and nearly every department of the campaign in order to provide clear and consistent answers to all voter questions rapidly and accurately.
- Design and create onboarding materials and recruitment pipelines for continually expanding Help Desk volunteer teams.
- Work with Policy Training Manager to ensure consistency with campaign’s policy messaging strategy.
- Create weekly analytics reports for digital and organizing teams regarding feedback and inquiries to the campaign.
- Learn and develop new ways of leveraging the campaign’s help desk technology and analytics system to better support our volunteer teams
- Supervise and moderate volunteer teams while building new systems, running team calls, and escalating super volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience leading distributed volunteer teams, either as a staff organizer or volunteer, strongly preferred.
- Enthusiasm for building, testing, and troubleshooting digital organizing systems and volunteer pipelines.
- Thoughtful, compelling communicator in writing and in person, with strong understanding of campaign’s voice and messaging.
- Comfort working in fast-paced environments, and ability to navigate complex and nuanced situations
- Strong desire to learn about every aspect of the Bernie 2020 campaign and work actively to stay abreast of all relevant developments, systems, and programs within the campaign.
- Flexibility; every phase of this campaign will be different, and your responsibilities may shift over time.
- Exceptional interpersonal and leadership communication skills.
- Experience with Slack, Google Sheets, Go-To-Webinar, iMovie and equivalent.
- 1-2 campaign cycles (with experience as an organizer) preferred
- Strong commitment to electing Bernie Sanders and to our movement to transform this country is a must.
- Manage multiple super volunteer teams.
Full Time employees are eligible for benefits, including health care, vision, and dental insurance; sick leave, paid time off, cell phone stipend, and more.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
This campaign is committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in hiring, in programming, and in all other aspects of the work we do. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are deeply connected to our mission, our success, and to serving the American people. Some organizational priorities include:
- Building policies, procedures and services that uplift and protect everyone and do not lead to inequalities;
- Creating teams and relationships among staff, volunteers, and supporters that are reflective of the populations we serve;
- Increasing engagement of communities of color, women, those with disabilities, and all people historically shut out of electoral and caucus processes;
- Prioritizing the inclusion of diverse communities in internal leadership;
- Fostering a culture of open-mindedness, compassion, and inclusiveness;
- Creating and maintaining opportunities for engagement, education, and discourse related to issues of equity, diversity, and inclusion; and
- Changing the historical culture of inequity and exclusion pervasive in political campaigns.
Equal Opportunity Employer The Campaign recruits, hires, trains, transfers, and promotes qualified candidates on the basis of individual merit and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.