California Regional Field Director
Application Deadline: Rolling
Start Date: June
Bernie 2020 is seeking motivated, dynamic Regional Field Directors to join our California Team. Our campaign has an ambitious goal: to build the largest national grassroots operation in campaign history. This will require empowering volunteers, activist leaders, and supporters to organize their communities to take on Trump and the billionaire class at an unprecedented scale.
Regional Field Directors are expected to oversee and execute field activities in their assigned region in California. The position entails managing and training field organizers, ensuring field metrics are met, and investing in field organizers to efficiently and effectively perform their duties, meet expectations, and excel.
- Managing, training and developing the organizing and volunteer management skills of field organizers
- Supporting field organizers to train and develop volunteer leaders and volunteer teams.
- A successful RFD should have solid political acumen, be a team player, and thrive in an ever-changing environment.
- Ensuring all voter data is treated with the utmost integrity
- Reporting to statewide field leadership
- Occasional travel between field offices in the state
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Experience managing staff, interns, and/or volunteers
- Experience facilitating training and/or executing lesson plans
- Ability to multitask, create and achieve goals, meet deadlines and creatively solve problems
- Strong willingness to learn and adapt
- Ability to take feedback and implement changes in real time
- Good listening skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment that may include long hours, nights, and weekends
- 1-2 cycles of experience on an electoral campaign
- Have a working car that you are able to use on the campaign
- Supervising a team of field organizers
- Regular management, and provide field organizers support to grow and develop as organizers.
$48,000 a year
Full-Time employees are eligible for benefits, including health care, vision, and dental insurance; sick leave, paid time off, cell phone stipend, and more.
Bernie 2020 recruits, hires, trains, transfers, and promotes qualified candidates on the basis of individual merit and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.