Text Team National Organizer
Application Deadline: Rolling
Desired Start Date: As soon as available
Location: Remote, Pacific or Mountain Standard Time preferred.
Bernie 2020 is seeking a motivated, dynamic Text Team Organizer to join our national team. Our campaign has an ambitious goal: to build the largest national grassroots electoral operation in campaign history. This will require empowering volunteers, activist leaders, and supporters to organize their communities to take on Trump and the billionaire class at an unprecedented scale.
The Texting National Organizer is a key role in our peer to peer texting program and is integral in our overall national distributed organizing program. The ideal candidate has strong organizing skills, is tech-savvy, is knowledgeable with peer-to-peer texting systems, and has experience either managing or participating in distributed volunteer teams. This role will be responsible for managing the texting technology and texting assignments, while simultaneously running multiple dynamic remote volunteer teams.
- Fluent in Spanish
- Manage peer to peer texting tool (Spoke)
- Design and develop volunteer teams to support constituency texting program.
- Work with Training & Recruiting Coordinator to create short how-to webinars, a well crafted guide for your volunteers and recruiting volunteers to the texting program.
- Develop scripting, canvassing options and peripherals needed to maximize texting program results.
- Create compelling and interactive texting campaigns - including developing scripts, canvassing options, and more to maximize the texting program results.
- Maintain texting program relationships with like-minded organizations, campaigns or related groups as needed.
- Supervise volunteer teams providing ongoing updates, frequent team calls, reporting results and recognizing super volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience creating and managing texting campaigns or related experience preferred.
- Experience with distributed volunteer teams, either as a staff organizer or volunteer, strongly preferred
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and leadership communication skills.
- Articulate, compelling communicator in writing and in person.
- Comfort working in fast-paced environments, and ability to navigate complex and nuanced situations
- Knowledge and experience with texting tools. Voter file data base platform experience is a plus!
- Familiar with Slack, Google Drive, Go-To-Webinar (or equivalent), imovie or equivalent.
- 1-2 campaign cycles (with experience as an organizer) preferred
- Flexibility; every phase of this campaign will be different, and your responsibilities may shift over time.
- Strong commitment to electing Bernie Sanders and to our movement to transform this country is a must.
- Remote working will be available, because this position is ideally Pacific or Mountain Standard Time based.
- Manage multiple super volunteer teams.
Full Time employees are eligible for benefits, including health care, vision, and dental insurance; sick leave, paid time off, cell phone stipend, and more.
The Campaign recruits, hires, trains, transfers, and promotes qualified candidates on the basis of individual merit and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.