Application Deadline: Rolling
Desired Start Date: As soon as available
Type: Full time
Bernie 2020 is seeking a motivated, dynamic Political Director to join our Nevada team. Our campaign has an ambitious goal: to build the largest national grassroots operation in campaign history. This will require empowering volunteers, activist leaders, and supporters to organize their communities to take on Trump and the billionaire class at an unprecedented scale.
The Political Director will oversee statewide political and constituency outreach efforts with a particular focus on engaging Nevada’s diverse communities. We encourage you to apply for this position if you are passionate about building strong personal relationships to bring together a broad coalition of partners and stakeholders interested in building progressive power. The ideal candidate excels at relationship cultivation and management, political analysis outreach, and community outreach.
- Cultivate a diverse political network and maintain relationships with leaders and organizations within the progressive and political landscape
- Work closely with the State Director, Field Director and other senior staff to design and implement a political outreach program that compliments overall voter contact efforts
- Strategize, coordinate, and implement political strategy with the National Political Team.
- Serve as primary in-state point of contact for political outreach, working in close coordination with National Political team
- Identify and cultivate a strong base of supporters, including potential campaign chairs, endorsers, surrogates and volunteers
- Serve as a representative of the campaign at public political and grassroots events across the state
- Plan and execute constituency outreach events that reflect Nevada’s regional and cultural diversity
- Effectively communicate tactics and results to State Director and National Political Team.
- Prepare background materials on the who, what, why of current events in advance of a principal visit to the State
- Occasional in-state travel for meetings or events
- Other duties as assigned
- None at this time, but potential for supervisory duties in the future
- Demonstrated experience in political electoral, community, labor, or movement organizing at a senior level
- Strong interpersonal communication skills. Ability to maintain a personable and professional demeanor
- Public speaking skills and/or experience speaking before medium-sized or large groups.
- Comfort working in fast-paced environments, and ability to navigate complex and nuanced situations
- Commitment to building strong relationships across race, gender, class, and other group identities. Understanding of and self-awareness around the intersections of race, gender, sexuality, and other identities
- Ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment that may include long hours, nights, and weekends
- Experience with campaigns, labor, or progressive organizing in Nevada
Experience building multiracial organizing efforts and prior training on equity and inclusion
Full Time employees are eligible for benefits, including health care, vision, and dental insurance; sick leave, paid time off, cell phone stipend, and more.
Bernie 2020 recruits, hires, trains, transfers, and promotes qualified candidates on the basis of individual merit and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.