The Bernie 2020 campaign is seeking a Product Designer. The Product Designer will be responsible for designing digital tools and services, ensuring the campaign is building usable products that achieve the campaign’s goals. This position will report to the deputy Chief Technology Officer.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design campaign digital tools and services, such as websites, web apps, landing pages, microsites and more
- Establish processes and procedures for design workflows, from low fidelity sketches to high fidelity prototypes
- Work with engineers and the technology team to design products that respect technical limitations
- Work directly with users and perform user research to determine needs and inform the design and direction of our products
- Work with various departments to gather requirements and research as necessary
- Build pattern libraries, style guides and more to ensure our digital tools share consistent UX and visual language
- Assist with visual design in other areas when needed
- Experiencing designing software products
- Understanding of the principles of user experience
- Understanding of the principles of human centered design
- Familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to quickly generate mockups and prototypes in line with the tight timelines and other limitations warranted by a modern presidential campaign
- Ability to self manage and thrive in a high pressure, fast paced campaign environment sometimes requiring night and weekend work
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong alignment to Bernie 2020 campaign platform
$65,000 - $85,000, dependent on experience.
Full time staff are eligible for the campaign’s benefits package, including health insurance, dental, vision, and ancillary coverage; as well as paid time off, and more.
Bernie 2020 recruits, hires, trains, transfers, and promotes qualified candidates on the basis of individual merit and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.