The Bernie 2020 campaign is seeking an IT Security Administrator. The IT Security Administrator will be responsible for identifying and addressing immediate IT and security concerns, developing, implementing and maintaining campaign IT and security policies and procedures, and hiring and managing vendors, external contractors, and internal staff when needed. This position reports directly to the CTO.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead IT and security operations
- Perform periodic security audits, scans, and risk assessments to identify and address immediate and long-term organizational weaknesses
- Develop, implement and maintain information systems policies and procedures and long-term tech roadmaps
- Manage hiring and relationships of external IT security vendors and contractors
- Identify and address internal IT and security staffing needs
- Implement and configure necessary products, services, protocols and standards cross-organization, such as VPNs and password managers
- Lead training and education efforts with staff
- Monitor networks and systems for malicious activity
- Maintain up-to-date documentation on IT & security infrastructure
- Make recommendations for equipment and infrastructure
- Perform disaster recovery and incident response procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned by the CTO
- Extensive experience in IT and security administration at a large organization
- Management experience
- One or more of the following certifications is preferred: CEH, CISM, CompTIA Security+, CompTIA Network+, CISSP, LPT, and/or related certifications.
- Ability to self manage and thrive in a high pressure, fast paced campaign environment sometimes requiring night and weekend work
- A keen eye for detail and ability to multitask
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong alignment to Bernie 2020 campaign platform
- Supervisory duties could be added to this role as the work expands. Currently, however, there are none.
$85,000 - $100,000, dependent on experience.
Full time staff are eligible for the campaign’s benefits package, including health insurance, dental, vision, and ancillary coverage; as well as paid time off, and more.
Bernie 2020 recruits, hires, trains, transfers, and promotes qualified candidates on the basis of individual merit and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.