The Bernie 2020 campaign is seeking a Full Stack Engineer. The Full Stack Engineer will be responsible for assisting in building and maintaining various apps and services alongside the technology team. This position will report to the deputy CTO.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Build features for the campaign’s various apps and services, both back end and front end
- Help maintain and improve campaign technology infrastructure
- Help establish guidelines and standard operating procedures around architecture, coding practices, deployment procedures, quality assurance and more
- Help establish and document a consistent technology stack
- Play a role in deciding what projects and features to prioritize
- Play a role in identifying cross-organizational technology needs
- Play a role in planning and executing large technology projects
- Assist with other tasks as directed by the organization
- Extensive full stack experience
- Proficiency with one or more server-side programming languages, preferably Python
- Experience working with relational database systems such as PostgreSQL
- Proficiency with front end frameworks like Bootstrap
- Familiarity with AWS
- Proficiency with style sheet languages such as Sass or Less is a plus but not required
- Familiarity with Django is a plus but not required
- Experience working with GIS is a plus but not required
- Native app or mobile development experience is a plus but not required
- DevOps, system admin and infrastructure experience is a plus but not required
- Ability to self manage and thrive in a high pressure, fast paced campaign environment sometimes requiring night and weekend work
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong alignment to Bernie 2020 campaign platform
$65,000 - $85,000, dependent on experience.
Full time staff are eligible for the campaign’s benefits package, including health insurance, dental, vision, and ancillary coverage; as well as paid time off, and more.
Bernie 2020 recruits, hires, trains, transfers, and promotes qualified candidates on the basis of individual merit and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.