The Bernie 2020 campaign is seeking a digital associate to join the email team. The Digital Associate will be responsible for helping to operate the campaign’s email list by coding emails and sign-up forms, overseeing targeting, segmentation, and optimization, and monitoring email performance.
While prior campaign experience is not required, the ideal candidate will have experience working on an email team with a focus on grassroots fundraising.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Help operate one of the most engaged email lists in politics while providing millions of supporters, nationwide with meaningful ways to get involved with the campaign,
- Code emails and create corresponding signup forms and donation pages,
- Ensure correct targeting and segmentation in all emails,
- Suggest creative ways to segment portions of the list to send targeted asks to supporters,
- Monitor test results and select highest performing segment to deliver to the wider list,
- Offer ideas for testing and optimization of the email program,
- Write copy for emails occasionally, particularly to recruit for local events,
- Coordinate with designers to create clear and compelling email graphics, and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience using a constituent relationship management tool such as ActionKit, Blue State Digital, Action Network or NGP.
- Familiarity with ActBlue.
- Strong attention to detail – the ideal candidate can spot typos and take the time to carefully proof content before it goes out the door.
- Ability to deliver work products at a fast pace and adapt to a rapidly changing work environment.
- Campaign experience is a plus, but not required.
- Ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment that may include long hours, nights, and weekends.
Full-time employees are eligible for benefits, including health care, vision, and dental insurance; sick leave, paid time off, cell phone stipend, and more.
The Campaign recruits, hires, trains, transfers, and promotes qualified candidates on the basis of individual merit and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.