BerlinRosen is a fast-growing, full-service communications firm with more than 300 communications and campaign strategists in New York, Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles. Since its founding in 2005, BerlinRosen has powerfully expanded its presence in corporate, social impact/ESG, nonprofit, entertainment, media, racial justice, healthcare, hospitality, lifestyle, technology, issue advocacy and workers’ rights communications. We have received more than 50 awards and recognitions, including being the only agency to be named #1 on Observer’s PR Power List for three consecutive years, PRNews’ Large PR Agency of the Year (2023; 2021), PR News’ Digital Firm of the Year (2023) and 5/5 Stars on Forbes’ latest Best PR Agencies in America list.
Beginning in 2022, we’ve established partnerships with Onward, Derris, M18, Glen Echo Group Inkhouse and Message Lab, further integrating our agency and communications network while expanding our reach in DEI consulting and the consumer, lifestyle, real estate, hospitality and technology sectors.
From leading technological innovators, to institutions that help our cities thrive, to nonprofits and candidates at the forefront of the most pressing progressive causes of our time; we take a message-first, results-focused approach to communications challenges, delivering high impact media, digital strategy and advertising to our clients.
People of color, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow.
ABOUT THE GROWTH TEAM
The Growth team is responsible for shaping firm- and network-wide new business strategy, driving new business outreach and guiding and executing our marketing strategy. We thrive on our ability to weave together our firms’ unique communications approach into winning pitches and lift up the firm as a leader for external audiences—from new clients to PR-pros to the biggest movers and shakers in the country. We are a highly-efficient team with an industry-leading new client win rate.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
BerlinRosen is seeking a Vice President to join our Growth team. This role will focus on driving and developing business development strategies and strategists across multiple organizations, including firms in which BerlinRosen has recently made majority investment and future investments. The person best suited to this role will be an entrepreneurial self-starter, ideally with strong backgrounds in business development and management. This person will report directly to the Executive Vice President of Growth.
Please note that this is not a sales job.
Role location: This role is based in our New York, N.Y. office on a hybrid basis. The Growth leadership team is in-office at least three times per week.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
As a Vice President on the Growth team, you will…
- Lead business development strategy focused on consumer campaigns including shaping the voice and tone of proposals and crafting successful pitch strategies
- Support BerlinRosen Holdings Growth team management, including capacity planning and Growth team-wide initiatives
- Analyze consumer business trends to proactively identify and drive BD engagement with key sectors
- Proactively identify opportunities to grow the consumer practice area and form plans
- Work individually with team members to build up their business development capacities and map their networks
- Help frame and draft BD reporting
- Manage engagement with consumer practice area including leading Derris new business check-ins
- 6-8+ years of professional experience across relevant backgrounds such as public relations, legal, professional services, government or business sectors
- Experience in business development, including shaping business development processes, directing new business strategies and developing sharp, tailored proposals
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to prioritize work streams and track progress across multiple teams
- Expert multitasking skills with the ability to handle multiple projects at once, work quickly and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment with high attention to detail
- Strong writing and research skills that ensure that every stone is overturned along with the creation of sharp, compelling content
- Experience in public relations
- Experience at a firm or agency
- Experience with consumer brand campaigns
Note: Interested in this role but it’s not quite the right match? Applicants who meet some but not all or exceed the above criteria are still encouraged to apply! We are eager to speak with candidates with diverse backgrounds and can assess role leveling on an individual basis.
WORKING AT BERLINROSEN
Compensation philosophy: BerlinRosen offers competitive industry rate salary bands with the goal of retaining and growing talented individuals. We regularly review and adjust our compensation structure as needed to ensure equity across teams and levels.
Salary range (commensurate with experience and skills): $130,000-$170,000
Vice Presidents are eligible for end of year bonuses based on firm, team and individual performance.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance for employees and dependents
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account Savings Plan (HSA-SP) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Mental health assistance with company-sponsored memberships to Talkspace and Calm
- 401K with a 4% employer match and no vesting period
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
- 20 vacation days, 10 wellness days, 1 day for your birthday, collective PTO between Christmas and New Year’s Day, plus 11 holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Mobile phone reimbursement for data and minutes
- Employer-funded life insurance
- Discounted annual bikeshare membership
- Corporate discounts through Tickets at Work
To ensure that applicants are matched with the job that best suits their qualifications and interests, information that you submit may be shared with our subsidiaries, Onward, Derris, M18, Glen Echo Group, Inkhouse, Message Lab and Brightmode Talent.
By providing your information, you are consenting to allow us and our subsidiaries to keep your information on file and to contact you regarding job opportunities, recruitment events and other related updates.