BerlinRosen is a fast-growing, full-service communications firm with more than 300 communications and campaign strategists in New York, Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles. Since its founding in 2005, BerlinRosen has powerfully expanded its presence in corporate, social impact/ESG, nonprofit, entertainment, media, racial justice, healthcare, hospitality, real estate, architecture, design, urbanism, land use, lifestyle, technology, issue advocacy and workers’ rights communications. We have received more than 50 awards and recognitions, including being the only agency to be named #1 on Observer’s PR Power List for three consecutive years, PRNews’ Large PR Agency of the Year (2023; 2021), PR News’ Digital Firm of the Year (2023) and 5/5 Stars on Forbes’ latest Best PR Agencies in America list.
Beginning in 2022, we’ve established partnerships with Onward, Derris, M18, Glen Echo Group and Inkhouse, further integrating our agency and communications network while expanding our reach in DEI consulting and the consumer, lifestyle, real estate, hospitality and technology sectors.
From leading technological innovators, to institutions that help our cities thrive, to nonprofits and leaders at the forefront of the most pressing progressive causes of our time; we take a strategy-first, results-focused approach to communications challenges, delivering high impact media, digital strategy and advertising to our clients.
People of color, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow.
ABOUT THE GROWTH TEAM
The Growth team is responsible for shaping firm- and network-wide new business strategy, driving new business outreach and guiding and executing our marketing strategy. We thrive on our ability to weave together our firm’s unique communications approach into winning pitches and lift up the firm as a leader for external audiences—from new clients to PR-pros to the biggest movers and shakers in the country. We are a highly-efficient team with an industry-leading new client win rate.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
BerlinRosen is seeking a Senior Vice President to join our Growth team. This role will focus on driving and developing business development strategies and strategists across multiple organizations, including firms in which BerlinRosen has recently made majority investment and future investments. The person best suited to this role will be an entrepreneurial self-starter, ideally with strong backgrounds in business development and management. This person will report directly to the Executive Vice President of Growth.
Please note that this is not a sales job.
Role location: This role is based in our New York, N.Y. office on a hybrid basis. The Growth team is in-office at least once per week. Proof of vaccination is required to work in any of BerlinRosen’s offices.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
As a Senior Vice President on the Growth team, you will…
- Support the big picture business development strategy and content development across BerlinRosen partner firms
- Lead multiple projects at once while engaging with many different people and personalities, coordinating between teams and firms, researching new projects, project-managing business development integrations, shaping tailor-made, engaging content for both presentations and written proposals and managing programs to support Growth team expansion and infrastructure
- Collaborate closely with firm management teams to develop and inspire growing teams of strategists to be innovative and creative in our business development endeavors
- As the team expands, directly manage and mentor staff, and provide overall strategic direction and feedback for their development and work (note, in the short-term, there are no direct reports for this position)
- 8-10+ years of professional experience across relevant backgrounds such as public relations, legal, professional services, government or business sectors
- Experience in business development, including shaping business development processes, directing new business strategies and developing sharp, tailored proposals
- Experience in leading and mentoring a diverse team and a demonstrated ability to successfully motivate, manage and mentor teams to meet objectives
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to prioritize work streams and track progress across multiple teams
- Expert multitasking skills with the ability to handle multiple projects at once, work quickly and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment with high attention to detail
- Strong writing and research skills that ensure that every stone is overturned along with the creation of sharp, compelling content
- Experience in client relations—whether it’s been in professional services, technology and innovation, political campaigns or more
Note: Interested in this role but it’s not quite the right match? Applicants who meet some but not all or exceed the above criteria are still encouraged to apply! We are eager to speak with candidates with diverse backgrounds and can assess role leveling on an individual basis.
WORKING AT BERLINROSEN
Compensation philosophy: BerlinRosen offers competitive industry rate salary bands with the goal of retaining and growing talented individuals. We regularly review and adjust our compensation structure as needed to ensure equity across teams and levels.
The salary range for this role is commensurate with experience and is as follows:
- Starting minimum: $170,000
- Role cap: $215,000
Senior Vice Presidents are eligible for end of year bonuses based on firm, team and individual performance.
Benefits: BerlinRosen will make sure that you have what you need to excel in your role, encourage self-care and drive professional development, including…
- 100% coverage of Health, Dental, and Vision insurance monthly premiums
- Company-sponsored Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Mental health assistance with company-sponsored memberships to Talkspace and Calm
- 401K with a 4% employer match and no vesting period
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
- All incoming staff receive 36 days total of PTO, inclusive of general PTO, wellness days, collective PTO the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day holidays and 11 paid bank holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
- Full mobile phone reimbursement for data and minutes
- Employer-funded life insurance
- Discounted annual bikeshare membership
- Corporate discounts through Tickets at Work
- Continuous skills training tailored to your role
To ensure that applicants are matched with the job that best suits their qualifications and interests, information that you submit may be shared with our subsidiaries, Onward, Glen Echo Group, Derris, M18 and Inkhouse.
By providing your information, you are consenting to allow us and our subsidiaries to keep your information on file and to contact you regarding job opportunities, recruitment events and other related updates.