BerlinRosen is a leading national public relations and strategic communications firm delivering high impact media, digital and creative strategies to top organizations, companies, and candidates around the United States. Named one of America's best PR agencies by Forbes, BerlinRosen was founded in 2005 by Valerie Berlin and Jonathan Rosen and has grown to a staff of more than 220 with offices in New York City, Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles.
People of color, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow.
ABOUT THE ADVERTISING TEAM
The Digital Advertising Team at BerlinRosen powers the digital organizing and campaign work behind the nation’s most urgent and ambitious progressive campaigns and political candidates looking to change our country for the better. Immigration. Workers’ rights. Access to abortion. Clean energy. Voting rights. From the steps of the Supreme Court, to the border in Texas, to the rivers of Colorado, our team builds momentum and drives action with sharp digital advertising strategy. We help our clients get results—when the stakes are at their highest and the whole nation is watching.
In between client work we share playlists, appreciations of each other's work, memes, and reviews of the newest Starbucks drinks.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
We are looking for a senior member to join this growing team and who knows how to execute small and large campaigns that help drive action for our clients. You will be tasked with thinking big and then building smart media plans to address our clients’ needs. From set-up and buying to reporting and analytics, you’d take on advertising projects from start to finish for some of the most interesting causes and candidates in the country. This position is ideal for anyone with about 4-5 years of relevant experience in campaigns, digital media buying/planning and eager to join a rapidly expanding team ahead of the Midterm elections.
Note: This role is a full-time remote position on Eastern Standard Time.
As an Advertising Account Director for BerlinRosen, you will...
- Lead multiple client accounts at one time, most with multiple end to end, multi-channel advertising campaigns.
- Develop all paid media strategy, translating client goals to digital KPIs and maintaining a comprehensive work plan for internal and external teams
- Create advertising strategies and media plans from scratch, taking big picture ideas and identifying the digital platforms and tactics that will help meet goals
- Manage and advise junior staff on the execution and optimization of digital ad campaigns across a variety of platforms
- You are an expert in digital ad trafficking and can develop these skills in junior staff, but you’re also willing to put hands on keyboard to get high-priority campaigns live when needed
- Create and review detailed reports, providing the big-picture analysis, recommendations, and clear takeaways
- When needed, you will be able to explain the basics of how this all works to a client who gets it but doesn’t “get it.” You’ll be able to problem-solve on behalf of the client and the team when crisis inevitably arise
- Work with the accounts team to stay up-to-date on all client news, events, and priorities
- Work with the in-house design team to create compelling ad creative and write clear copy that stays true to a brand’s voice while following advertising best practices
- Stay on top of digital advertising trends and ever-changing platform policies
- Work closely with the VP of Digital Advertising to pitch new business and proactively seek out new client opportunities, tapping into your professional network for leads.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE...
- Has 4+ years of experience in the planning, buying and executing of digital advertising campaigns on Facebook, Twitter, Google, and programmatic platforms.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and directly with clients, handling competing deadlines; agency experience is a plus.
- Fantastic attention to detail and strong organizational skills. You have a reliable self organization system, and when things go wrong you dive into problem-solving mode.
- Excellent communication skills. You can write compelling advertising copy, thoughtful analysis of data, and productive client emails.
- Team player mentality. You have a positive attitude and a willingness to help those around you.
- Passion and understanding of progressive politics. You are keenly aware of what is at stake in the 2022 midterms and are passionate about defending the Democratic majority.
WORKING AT BERLINROSEN
BerlinRosen will make sure that you have what you need to excel in your role and do your job with excellence, including...
- A positive, inclusive and supportive team with opportunities for advancement committed to helping all staff develop and grow
- A competitive salary based on leading market rates
- 100% coverage of Health, Dental, and Vision insurance monthly premiums
- Company Sponsored Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401K with a 4% employer match with no vesting period
- Generous paid time off in which we encourage staff to take sufficient time for self-care
- 10 paid bank holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
- Mobile Phone Reimbursement