NOTE: We are not actively interviewing for this position, but we anticipate needing additional temporary support throughout the 2022 campaign cycle. We would be glad to receive your application and contact you once there is a need.
BerlinRosen is a leading Democratic political consulting and strategic communications firm delivering high impact media, digital and creative strategies to top organizations, companies, and candidates around the United States. Named one of America's best PR agencies by Forbes, BerlinRosen was founded in 2005 by Valerie Berlin and Jonathan Rosen and has grown to a staff of more than 250 with offices in New York City, Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles.
We are committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognize that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow. Women, people of color, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
ABOUT THE ROLE
BerlinRosen is seeking a print designer with natural talent and an interest in politics who can translate abstract messages into direct mail, canvassing literature, and other creative products to work with our Campaign & Creative Services team for the 2022 election cycle.
Do you have a passion for generating ideas quickly and telling stories through impactful visuals? Are you worried about Democrats losing the slim majority they have in congress? Do you want to use your skills to help elect Democratic candidates up and down the ballot who can change the course of history?
If you answered yes, then this is the job for you.
Note: This is a temporary position that begins January/February 2022 and goes through October 31, 2022. While this role can be fully remote, our in-office policy for Washington, DC and New York, NY is currently flexible, and proof of full vaccination is required to enter our offices.
The ideal candidate will be a collaborative designer who can work on multiple campaigns to produce and edit clean, eye-catching and exceptional designs under tight deadlines for a diverse range of candidates running for office. A creative point of view and ability to problem solve will be the key to success. Essential skills and experience include:
- You have a vault of creative ideas. We want someone who can come to the table with creative ideas on design strategy. You are well versed in every step of design, and love to interpret complex ideas visually through color, photography and typography. You respect the grid but also know when and how to break it.
- You dot every “i,” change every inch mark to a smart quote and every foot mark to an apostrophe. Your typography is properly kerned, your alignment is on point, your images bleed, and your Photoshop masks are clean. In other words, you’re detail-oriented across the board.
- You’re not a solo artist. You’re happy to receive specific creative direction and can run with it; you think of critiques as learning opportunities and negative feedback as an exciting problem-solving challenge; and finally, you work well in a team setting.
- You are an expert multitasker. Project briefs change, deadlines move, a client blows up an approved plan and you still have a dozen projects in your queue. It’s the nature of the business, and not only do you keep up with our fast-paced process, you thrive off of it.
- You live and die by deadlines. Not only are you able to keep pace, but you can stay calm under pressure or when you need to quickly change priorities to meet a last-minute deadline.
- You understand campaigns aren’t 9-5. You are willing to work long hours and weekends during peak periods.
- You know how to execute—fast. Whatever your Adobe tool of choice is, you have advanced knowledge of the Creative Suite to bring you or the team's vision to life. Your knowledge of keyboard shortcuts almost makes the mouse useless.
- You are adaptable. You can change your design aesthetic and approach to fit a variety of campaigns and audiences within the span of a few hours.
We’d also love it if...
- You have knowledge or experience with digital design.
- You have worked on a photoshoot.
WORKING AT BERLINROSEN
BerlinRosen will help make sure that you have what you need to excel in your role, including...
- A positive and supportive team with opportunities for advancement committed to helping all staff develop and grow
- A competitive salary based on leading market rates
- 100% coverage of Health, Dental, and Vision insurance monthly premiums
- Company-sponsored Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Company-sponsored Talkspace membership
- 401K with a 4% employer match with no vesting period
- Generous paid time off in which we encourage staff to take sufficient time for self-care
- 10 paid bank holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
- Mobile phone reimbursement
Interested? Show us the goods!
Send us a resume, and most importantly, a link to your portfolio that shows off your print design skills.