ABOUT BERLINROSEN 

Named one of America's best PR agencies by Forbes, BerlinRosen is a leading national public relations and strategic communications firm. BerlinRosen takes a message-first, results-focused approach to communications challenges, delivering high impact media, digital strategy and advertising to top organizations and companies across a variety of industries and sectors.

People of color, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow. 

ABOUT THE CITIES TEAM

Our Cities practice helps visionary organizations and advocates who are working to win policies for fairer cities and for racial equity and economic opportunity, increase access to affordable housing and expand infrastructure, and spearhead innovative architecture and design projects.

Within the Cities team, the public affairs and advocacy group works with leading advocacy organizations, issue campaigns, civic groups and companies at the forefront of changing policy to build a more equitable New York City and state and delivering critical services for New Yorkers. We help our clients advance issues that include criminal legal system reform, clean energy, creating a fair cannabis industry, expanding economic opportunity and access to good jobs, housing and early childhood education, improving transit and infrastructure, and combating hunger and poverty; our clients advocate on behalf of immigrant and working New Yorkers, New Yorkers experiencing homelessness and food insecurity, and children and families involved in the child welfare system.  

With a team of almost 40 communications professionals, we bring a unique campaign-style approach to strategic communications, combining expert strategy and nimble execution with the creativity and speed of a startup. We are news junkies, publicists, former campaigners, journalists, government and policy pros, and expert communications professionals obsessed with developing the future of cities.

ABOUT THIS ROLE

We are looking for a Senior Account Executive to join our rapidly-growing team. This person will lead daily client relations, plan and execute day-to-day project deliverables, support and lead junior staff, and conceptualize strategies, pitches and media placements. You will work closely with client leads and internal staff, delegating to peers and junior staff and develop and advance strategy with senior leaders. 

This is a great opportunity for someone who is well-plugged into the world of New York City and NY State political media and government, passionate about working on budget and legislative campaigns at the City and State level, familiar with public policy issues that relate to criminal legal system reform, environmental and racial justice, economic opportunity and union rights, poverty and food insecurity, or land use and affordable housing, and wants to take the lead on client initiatives and work.

Note: This role requires a presence in New York, NY and staff will be requested to visit our office or attend client events. Proof of vaccination is required for on-site tasks.

ACCOUNTABILITIES

As a Senior Account Executive on the Cities team, you will...

• Develop and implement strategy and campaign planning for multiple high-profile client accounts
  • Manage clients daily 
  • Engage with key reporters 
  • Write and edit persuasive external and internal documents such as press releases, op-eds, fact sheets, talking points, editorial board memos, and communications strategies

Essential skills:

• A minimum of 3-4 years of experience leading communications strategy in: relevant advocacy organizations, nonprofits or companies, City agencies, or on behalf of New York or regional elected officials; media or journalism experience covering relevant issues.
  • Familiarity and interest in local politics, government affairs and progressive social policy or advocacy
  • Ability to handle multiple assignments at once, work quickly and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
  • Demonstrated relationships with reporters and strong news sense
  • Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, with varying levels of staff, clients, the media, et al
  • Strong attention to detail
  • Ability to work with a team to meet group objectives

WORKING AT BERLINROSEN

BerlinRosen will make sure that you have what you need to excel in your role, including:

• A positive and supportive team with opportunities for advancement committed to helping all staff develop and grow
  • A competitive salary based on leading market rates
  • 100% coverage of Health, Dental, and Vision insurance monthly premiums
  • Company Sponsored Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
  • Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
  • 401K with a 4% employer match with no vesting period
  • Generous paid time off in which we encourage staff to take sufficient time for self-care
  • 10 paid bank holidays
  • Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
  • Mobile Phone Reimbursement

#LI-CO1

Apply for this Job

* Required

BerlinRosen Voluntary & Anonymous Demographics Survey

At BerlinRosen, we are continuously working to expand our work environment to be as diverse and inclusive of as many perspectives as possible. Below is a set of voluntary demographic questions. If you choose to fill out this survey, the responses will be collected in aggregate only to help us identify areas for improvement in our hiring process. Your responses, or lack thereof,  will not in any way be associated with your application or candidate details, will not affect your opportunity for employment, or the terms or conditions of your employment, and will not in any way be used in the hiring decision. 

I currently identify my gender as:

I identify my ethnicity as (mark all that apply):

Veteran Status:

I have a disability.

I identify as currently living with the following disabilities:

I identify as a first-generation college graduate.

I identify as LGBTQIA+.