BerlinRosen, a leading national consulting and strategic communications firm, is seeking an Executive Vice President/Senior Vice President to lead our growing presence in the CSR space, and help clients communicate their impact from work with local communities and to address global problems -- from climate change to human rights, education, and more.. You will report directly to a Managing Director and act as a member of the Leadership team, helping to grow the overall business and set the direction of the firm.
People of color, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role, our first Head of Corporate Social Responsibility, is a rare opportunity to play a keystone senior leadership role in a dynamic and growing firm with a unique client mix of social impact leaders and trusted corporate brands. We see this position as combining our firm’s core corporate and social impact skillsets, and building on a diverse client roster that already includes industry leaders like Audible, the Philadelphia 76ers, Samsung, Singapore Airlines and Brookfield, and changemakers like Goodwill, Color Of Change, Wikimedia Foundation, Planned Parenthood and many more.
The pandemic, climate change and the ongoing reckoning with racism have sharpened the demand for companies to develop and execute authentic CSR programs, not as window dressing but as deep, business-aligned strategies that make a meaningful difference in our world and that communicate the values inherent to the business in ways that are demanded by customers, employees and shareholders. We believe the best CSR programs not only build and protect a company’s reputation, but also attract consumers, employees and investors.
As the new Head of Corporate Social Responsibility, you will be the business unit lead responsible for driving new business in CSR across the country and maintaining and growing a P&L. In addition to driving growth in, and depth of, client partnerships, you will use your team management skills to build a strong and diverse team of talented communications professionals and leverage the skills and expertise of existing staff across the firm to build out the service offering. As EVP/SVP, you will play a direct role in the strategic firm-wide growth of BerlinRosen.
Note: This role is currently remote within the U.S. on Eastern Time, and will ideally be based in Washington, D.C. or New York, N.Y. when we return to our offices in a hybrid model (date TBD). Our return to office plan is contingent on public health safety protocols. On an optional basis, our DC and NY offices are currently open to staff (with proof of vaccination).
This role requires 10+ years of relevant experience in strategic communications, public relations, and/or campaigns in technology, startups, media & entertainment, politics, or some combination thereof. This role is ideally based in New York City or Washington, DC; other locations possible.
You are a great fit if you have. . .
- A deep understanding of public relations, public affairs, crisis communications, CSR or similar work in the fields of technology, startups, media & entertainment, politics, sports, or a combination thereof.
- A track record of communications wins.
- Management-level in-house corporate experience.
- Experience with the agency business model, including strong client management experience.
- A track record of business development, sales, and client development, and/or a deep network to leverage for business development and partnerships.
- Excitement to serve a diverse set of clients, and the hunger to build a dynamic book of business.
- A commitment to staff development, professional growth and mobility, and building a diverse and inclusive team.
- Experience building and leading talented teams and a personal commitment to effective management.
- A low-ego mindset and a strong, confident leadership presence that projects internally and externally.
- Experience with financials, budgets, and/or P&L management.
WORKING AT BERLINROSEN
BerlinRosen will make sure that you have what you need to excel in your role, including:
- A positive and supportive team with opportunities for advancement committed to helping all staff develop and grow
- A competitive salary based on leading market rates
- 100% coverage of Health, Dental, and Vision insurance monthly premiums
- Company Sponsored Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401K with a 4% employer match with no vesting period
- Generous paid time off in which we encourage staff to take sufficient time for self-care
- 10 paid bank holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
- Mobile Phone Reimbursement