BerlinRosen is a leading national public relations and strategic communications firm delivering high impact media, digital and creative strategies to top organizations, companies, and candidates around the United States. Named one of America's best PR agencies by Forbes, BerlinRosen was founded in 2005 by Valerie Berlin and Jonathan Rosen and has grown to a staff of more than 220 with offices in New York City, Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles.
Our clients are at the forefront of progressive work around racial justice, civil rights, immigration, worker advocacy, voting rights, economic security, the environment, affordable housing, human rights, LGBT issues, healthcare, education, money in politics and ending mass incarceration. We also represent some of the biggest clients defining the future of technology, urban innovation, lifestyle and real estate, architecture and those who are shaping the future of cities.
People of color, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
BerlinRosen is seeking a Lead TV Booker for clients interested in TV, digital and streaming media opportunities, working across practice areas and supporting teams focused on a wide variety of issues related to racial justice, politics, culture and more. This position provides candidates with an opportunity to join a rapidly growing team and lead the work related to pitching, booking, and preparing clients for broadcast appearances.
Note: This role is currently fully remote within the U.S. and on Eastern Time, and can be based in Washington, D.C. or New York, New York when we return to our offices (date TBD).
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
As Lead TV Booker, you will…
- Develop communication strategies and coordinate with internal teams across the firm about clients goals and availability for TV, digital video, and streaming media opportunities
- Communicate regularly with producers and pitch clients for proactive and rapid response opportunities
- Build relationships with producers and other contacts at high priority media outlets
- Draft pitches and outreach notes
- Consult on messaging, talking points, and Q&A guides developed for broadcast and TV
- Flag opportunities, including sourcing and relaying information about the type of guests and perspective that producers are seeking for specific appearances to internal teams
- Lead and support the development of media training programs, with a focus on broadcast appearances
- Help lead media trainings for clients
- Mentor peers and help colleagues develop broadcast-related skills and expertise
- Participate in business development opportunities, as appropriate
- 4-8+ years of strategic communications experience; media agency or TV newsroom experience preferred
- Existing relationships with TV producers and bookers at major shows and outlets
- Familiarity with behind-the-scenes TV production and processes
- Strong media relations skills
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple work streams at a time, working quickly and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Adaptability to 24/7 news cycle and breaking news moments
- Demonstrated leadership skills and commitment to team building and collaboration
- Highly responsive, and ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, with all levels of company staff, clients, contractors and the media
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills, including Google Suite and Word, Excel, PowerPoint
WORKING AT BERLINROSEN
BerlinRosen will make sure that you have what you need to excel in your role with excellence, including...
- A positive and supportive team with opportunities for advancement and a commitment to helping all staff develop and grow
- A competitive salary based on leading market rates
- 100% coverage of Health, Dental and Vision insurance monthly premiums
- Company sponsored Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401K with a 4% employer match with no vesting period
- Generous paid time off in which we encourage staff to take sufficient time for self-care
- 10 paid bank holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
- Mobile phone reimbursement