BerlinRosen is a leading national public relations and strategic communications firm delivering high impact media, digital and creative strategies to top organizations, companies, and candidates around the United States. Named one of America's best PR agencies by Forbes, BerlinRosen was founded in 2005 by Valerie Berlin and Jonathan Rosen and has grown to a staff of more than 220 with offices in New York City, Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles.
Our clients are at the forefront of progressive work around racial justice and civil rights, worker advocacy, voting rights, economic security, the environment, affordable housing, human rights, LGBT issues, healthcare, education, money in politics and ending mass incarceration. We also represent some of the biggest clients defining the future of technology, urban innovation, lifestyle and real estate, architecture and those who are shaping the future of cities.
People of color, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Strategic Campaigns team works with labor unions, advocacy organizations, nonprofits, partners in entertainment, philanthropic foundations and others focused on racial and economic justice. We work on campaigns led by working people across the economy who are fighting to raise pay, win or protect the right to a union and make sure our economy works for everyone. We help workers take on some of the largest, most powerful corporations and fight back against an economic and political system stacked in favor of the wealthy. Our work helps improve the lives of families and communities, with a particular focus on communities of color, and takes aim at the economic and political inequality that threatens our democracy.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
BerlinRosen is seeking an Account Supervisor.
Do you have knowledge of, or lived experiences shaped by immigrant rights, the labor movement, or economic injustice? Do you have a personal commitment to racial, economic and social justice and a passion for advancing progressive social change? Are you a strategist who can be a trusted voice for our clients? Do you have a track record of building relationships with reporters and experience managing and executing integrated campaigns?
If you answered yes, then this is the job for you.
Note: BerlinRosen's offices are currently closed and the Strategic Campaigns team is working remotely. This role is fully remote within the U.S., though will be based in New York, NY when we return to our offices (late summer 2021).
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
As an Account Supervisor on our Strategic Campaigns team, you will…
- Lead projects and collaborate with colleagues to advance the communications strategy for multiple high-profile client accounts
- Implement integrated campaigns that leverage public affairs, media and digital tactics to reach key audiences and achieve client goals
- Engage and maintain strong relationships with key reporters covering business, finance and sustainability in English and Spanish
- Write and edit persuasive external and internal documents such as press releases, op-eds, fact sheets, talking points, editorial board memos, and communications plans in English and Spanish
- Spanish language fluency
- 4-6+ years of relevant work experience in strategic communications or media relations
- Strong news sense and knowledge of the media, particularly around politics, workers’ rights, immigration and economic justice
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English and Spanish
- Multi-tasks easily; has the ability to handle multiple assignments at once, work quickly and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment while paying close attention to details
- Understands the intersection of racial and economic justice
WORKING AT BERLINROSEN
BerlinRosen will make sure that you have what you need to excel in your role with excellence, including...
- A positive and supportive team with opportunities for advancement and a commitment to helping all staff develop and grow
- A competitive salary based on leading market rates
- 100% coverage of Health, Dental and Vision insurance monthly premiums
- Company sponsored Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401K with a 4% employer match with no vesting period
- Generous paid time off in which we encourage staff to take sufficient time for self-care
- 10 paid bank holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
- Mobile phone reimbursement