ABOUT BERLINROSEN 

BerlinRosen is a leading national public relations and strategic communications firm delivering high impact media, digital and creative strategies to top organizations, companies, and candidates around the United States. Named one of America's best PR agencies by Forbes, BerlinRosen was founded in 2005 by Valerie Berlin and Jonathan Rosen and has grown to a staff of more than 220 with offices in New York City, Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles.  

Our clients are at the forefront of progressive work around racial justice and civil rights, low-wage worker advocacy, voting rights, economic security, the environment, affordable housing, human rights, LGBT issues, healthcare, education, money in politics and ending mass incarceration. We also represent some of the biggest clients defining the future of technology, urban innovation, lifestyle and real estate, architecture and those who are shaping the future of cities.

People of color, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow. 

ABOUT THIS ROLE

The Vice President, Client Finance oversees the finances of half of the company's practices. This position is a business partner to the Managing Director and Executive Vice Presidents of their practices and will oversee the monthly close, forecasting, financial planning and drive solutions for each of their businesses, so that financial goals are met. The VP, Client Finance will manage a Financial Analyst and will report directly to the Head of Finance. They will work closely with senior management and another VP, Client Finance to generate new offerings and drive best practice initiatives.

Note: BerlinRosen's offices are currently closed and the Finance team is working remotely. This role is currently fully remote within the U.S., on Eastern Time and will be based in New York, NY when we return to our offices (late summer 2021).

ACCOUNTABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS

As Vice President, Client Finance on our Finance team, you will...

• Oversee the month-end close process for the National and Digital business units, including revenue recognition.
  • Review and/or prepare financial statements and reporting packets for practice and business unit leadership; write narrative of business drivers and proactively identify risk factors and trends.
  • Proactively identify opportunities to engage with practice and client leadership on anything related to client profitability or staffing and capacity.
  • Maintain client-level financial forecasts for the National and Digital business units; indicate when new headcount may be needed and provide all financial modeling.
  • Be responsible for annual budgets and quarterly forecasting with YoY analysis and modeling
  • Review practice spend monthly, reconcile quarterly pre-billing and WIP
  • Generate and review mid-level manager dashboards, which include managed revenue P+Ls and over-serving reports.
  • Provide strategic counsel to practice managers on business decisions, anything from capacity management to new business proposals
  • Manage a financial analyst and support their growth and development.
  • Oversee AR for managed practices
  • Actively manage vendor selection and relationships, including any and all system implementations together with the wider finance team
  • Participate in the rollout of new timesheet reporting systems

Essential skills:

• 5+ years of experience in finance, ideally 2+ years in similar role, such as an advertising or PR agency or similar background
  • Bachelor's degree in Business or Finance or similar work experience
  • Intermediate to advanced excel skills
  • Strong analytical skills
  • Ability to analyze data, prepare findings and must be comfortable presenting findings to leadership and/or groups
  • Ability to maintain confidential information
  • Ability to work with tight deadlines
  • NetSuite experience is not required but is a plus

WORKING AT BERLINROSEN

BerlinRosen will make sure that you have what you need to excel in your role with excellence, including...

• A positive and supportive team with opportunities for advancement committed to helping all staff develop and grow
  • A competitive salary based on leading market rates
  • 100% coverage of Health, Dental, and Vision insurance monthly premiums
  • Company-sponsored Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
  • Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
  • Company-sponsored Talkspace membership
  • 401K with a 4% employer match with no vesting period
  • Generous paid time off in which we encourage staff to take sufficient time for self-care
  • 10 paid bank holidays
  • Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
  • Mobile phone reimbursement

Apply for this Job

* Required

BerlinRosen Voluntary & Anonymous Demographics Survey

At BerlinRosen, we are continuously working to expand our work environment to be as diverse and inclusive of as many perspectives as possible. Below is a set of voluntary demographic questions. If you choose to fill out this survey, the responses will be collected in aggregate only to help us identify areas for improvement in our hiring process. Your responses, or lack thereof,  will not in any way be associated with your application or candidate details, will not affect your opportunity for employment, or the terms or conditions of your employment, and will not in any way be used in the hiring decision. 

I currently identify my gender as:

I identify my ethnicity as (mark all that apply):

Veteran Status:

I have a disability.

I identify as currently living with the following disabilities:

I identify as a first-generation college graduate.

I identify as LGBTQIA+.