Named one of America's best PR agencies by Forbes, BerlinRosen is a leading national public relations and strategic communications firm. BerlinRosen takes a message-first, results-focused approach to communications challenges, delivering high impact media, digital strategy and advertising to top brands, companies and organizations across a variety of industries and sectors. BerlinRosen was founded in 2005 by Valerie Berlin and Jonathan Rosen and has grown to a staff of more than 220 with offices in New York City, Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles.
People of color, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow
ABOUT LIFESTYLE TEAM
The Lifestyle team sits within the Cities practice at BerlinRosen.This practice helps visionary companies in hospitality, art, retail, real estate, architecture, pop culture and design shape their future. We are working on some of the most forward-looking projects in NYC and around the country, including Brookfield Place, Wythe Hotel, Singapore Airlines, RVshare, the World Trade Center complex, the 92nd Street Y, Lincoln Center, Queens Museum, Boston Seaport and Domino Park.
We are news junkies, culture vultures, lifestyle lovers, former journalists and expert communications professionals obsessed with developing the future of major cities and brands.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Calling all media specialists and creative thinkers to join our practice as a lifestyle specialist and focus on clients that will shape the future of New York and beyond. In this unique role, you will help promote programs that drive media and consumers to attend events, exhibits and openings, while also focusing on raising the profile of hotels, attractions, museums, destinations and brands that make New York City one of the most dynamic and exciting environments on earth. As part of the growing travel and hospitality team, you will have the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, innovative, passionate team where entrepreneurialism is encouraged, while benefiting from the support of a 30+-person team.
The position is ideal for candidates with at least one year of relevant experience in communications, public relations, journalism, travel, real estate and destination marketing. Excellent writing skill, attention to detail and media relations experience are a must.
The position is based in New York.
As an Associate Account Executive, you will be...
- Assisting with implementing strategy and campaign planning for multiple high-profile client accounts
- Planning and attending events
- Securing press and influencers for events, hotel openings, press visits and trips
- Engaging with key reporters
- Developing and maintaining media lists and databases
- Writing and editing persuasive external and internal documents such as media monitoring reports, meeting agendas, press releases, personalized pitches, fact sheets, talking points and more.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS. . .
- A minimum of 1 year of experience working in relevant companies, media or journalism covering relevant sectors; PR agency experience preferred
- Familiarity and interest in travel, culture, arts, hospitality, retail, real estate and architecture
- An ability to handle multiple assignments at once, work quickly and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated relationships with reporters and strong news sense
- An ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, with varying levels of staff, clients, the media, et al
- Strong attention to detail
- An ability to work with a team to meet group objectives
WORKING AT BERLINROSEN
BerlinRosen will make sure that you have what you need to excel in your role and do your job with excellence, including...
- A positive and supportive team with opportunities for advancement committed to helping all staff develop and grow
- A competitive salary based on leading market rates
- 100% coverage of Health, Dental, and Vision insurance monthly premiums
- Company Sponsored Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401K with a 4% employer match with no vesting period
- Generous paid time off in which we encourage staff to take sufficient time for self-care
- 10 paid bank holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
- Mobile Phone Reimbursement