BerlinRosen is a leading national public relations and strategic communications firm delivering high impact media, digital and creative strategies to top organizations, companies, and candidates around the United States. Named one of America's best PR agencies by Forbes, BerlinRosen was founded in 2005 by Valerie Berlin and Jonathan Rosen and has grown to a staff of more than 220 with offices in New York City, Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles.
Our clients are at the forefront of progressive work around racial justice and civil rights, low-wage worker advocacy, voting rights, economic security, the environment, affordable housing, human rights, LGBT issues, healthcare, education, money in politics and ending mass incarceration. We also represent some of the biggest clients defining the future of technology, urban innovation, lifestyle and real estate, architecture and those who are shaping the future of cities.
People of color, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
BerlinRosen is seeking an Office Manager in a growing, fast-paced Washington, DC office. Helping support leadership of the firm’s national issue advocacy division, this person will have exposure to the firm’s work with clients who are at the forefront of progressive work around racial and gender equity, criminal legal reform and juvenile justice, voting rights, the environment, affordable housing, human rights, LGBTQ issues, healthcare, and education.
This person will provide administrative support to the Washington, DC office as the team begins to transition back into in-person work starting this summer. The Office Manager will also support the division’s Executive Vice President and be responsible for managing scheduling, travel arrangements and meeting logistics, and providing general administrative support. The person will also have the opportunity to lead some special projects, including assisting with the planning and execution of a move into a new office at the beginning of 2022.
The ideal candidate will be outgoing and proactive, have professional office presence and phone manners, complete discretion and poise under pressure, effective written and oral communication skills, excellent attention to detail and the ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
Note: BerlinRosen's offices are currently closed and the Issue Advocacy team is working remotely. This role is fully remote within the U.S., though will be based in Washington, D.C. or New York, New York when we return to our offices (late Summer 2021).
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
As the Office Manager on our team, you will...
- Provide administrative support to the DC office
- Assist in planning and logistics around the move of the DC office into a new space early next year
- Manage the schedule of an Executive Vice President
- Make and manage travel arrangements
- Provide firm wide operational support
- Communicate with clients on behalf of the firm
- Lead and execute research and other special projects
- Organize meetings and internal events including scheduling, preparing agendas and materials, taking notes, coordinating follow up and catering
- Maintain updated internal tracking systems
- Manage onboarding of new employees
- Coordinate with tech support team and provide troubleshooting assistance
- Experience managing the schedule of senior-level staff in a fast-paced environment
- Outgoing, friendly demeanor
- Exceptional problem solving and research skills
- Strong proficiency with Google Suite and MS Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, LexisNexis and social media platforms
- Basic understanding of office technology such as video meeting tools
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to exercise discretion, independent judgment and take initiative
- An interest in current events and local, state, and national politics
WORKING AT BERLINROSEN
BerlinRosen will make sure that you have what you need to excel in your role, including...
- A positive and supportive team with opportunities for advancement committed to helping all staff develop and grow
- A competitive salary based on leading market rates
- 100% coverage of Health, Dental, and Vision insurance monthly premiums
- Company-sponsored Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Company-sponsored Talkspace membership
- 401K with a 4% employer match with no vesting period
- Generous paid time off in which we encourage staff to take sufficient time for self-care
- 10 paid bank holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
- Mobile phone reimbursement