BerlinRosen is a leading national public relations and strategic communications firm delivering high impact media, digital and creative strategies to top organizations, companies, and candidates around the United States. Named one of America's best PR agencies by Forbes, BerlinRosen was founded in 2005 by Valerie Berlin and Jonathan Rosen and has grown to a staff of more than 190 with offices in New York City, Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles.
People of color, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow.
ABOUT THE TEAM
This position provides candidates with a unique opportunity to work alongside multiple teams within the firm, advising clients tackling the future of urban planning and land use as well as organizations communicating with the public about important projects and issues. This unique role will work with sports teams, major technology companies, and projects pushing our city, state, and country forward to the next generation.
The teams that this position works with include industry leaders, award-winning institutions and global innovators including Samsung, Audible, SL Green, Two Trees Management, Brookfield Properties, 92Y and Lincoln Center, Regional Plan Association, Northwell Health as well as sports and entertainment companies.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Are you a creative problem solver who loves tackling big challenges with a great team? Do you deeply understand the internet and how digital channels can be leveraged to tell compelling stories and move audiences to act? Do you have a personal commitment to and knowledge of New York and national public affairs? Do you have a passion for building community support on high stakes issues?
If you answered yes, then this is the job for you.
BerlinRosen is seeking an Account Director of Digital Public Affairs to lead important campaigns and challenges for clients at the forefront of technology, urban development, sports and policy. The Account Director will lead strategy and execution for campaigns to win support for key client initiatives as well as advise and guide clients on crisis and heightened moments.
You should have knowledge and experience marshalling client goals through city and state legislative approvals as well as a deep understanding of digital organizing and persuasion efforts at the grassroots level.
Note: BerlinRosen's offices are currently closed and the Digital team is working remotely. This role is currently fully remote within the U.S., on Eastern Time, and will be based in New York, New York when we return to our offices (date TBD).
As an Account Director on the Digital team, you will...
- Design and implement 360* strategies for clients working through complex political and legislative challenges
- Advise clients on the digital landscape during major moments including crisis situations
- Lead strategic conversations and manage plans that help our talented team thrive while delivering top-notch results for our clients
- Help our practice win new business and proactively expand our relationships with existing clients
- Has 6+ years experience managing or influencing strategy for large-scale digital campaigns, preferably at an agency, political campaign or fast-paced advocacy organization
- Thoroughly understands digital organizing and communications, including email, text and social media campaigning.
- Is tactically familiar with most aspects of digital campaigns, including social media, online advertising, email marketing, mobile strategy, digital analytics, web video, social listening, web design.
- Manages design projects. Whether on video, web or social media, your work is innovative and impactful.
- Enjoys managing people. You have experience leading teams in projects or in a direct supervisory role, mentoring staff and leading their growth.
- Writes well. Your background in written communication includes extensive experience developing sharp, compelling online content.
- Understands a client’s ultimate goal. You can interpret how that goal is best served by digital strategy and paid advertising.
WORKING AT BERLINROSEN
BerlinRosen will make sure you have what you need to excel in your role and do your job with excellence, including...
- A positive, collaborative and supportive team that’s committed to helping all staff develop and grow and offers opportunities for advancement
- A competitive salary based on leading market rates
- 100% coverage of Health, Dental, and Vision insurance monthly premiums
- Company-sponsored Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Company-sponsored Talkspace membership
- 401K with a 4% employer match with no vesting period
- Generous paid time off with which we encourage staff to take sufficient time for self-care
- 10 paid bank holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
- Mobile phone reimbursement