BerlinRosen is a leading national progressive public relations and strategic communications firm delivering high impact media, digital and creative strategies to top organizations, companies, and candidates around the United States. Named one of America's best PR agencies by Forbes, BerlinRosen was founded in 2005 by Valerie Berlin and Jonathan Rosen and has grown to a staff of more than 190 with offices in New York City, Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles.
Our clients are at the forefront of progressive work around racial justice and civil rights, low-wage worker advocacy, voting rights, economic security, as well as technology, urban innovation, lifestyle, real estate, architecture and those who are shaping the future of cities.
People of color, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
As our Advocacy Talent Manager, you will be responsible for leading talent for our advocacy divisions, whose clients are at the forefront of progressive work around racial justice and civil rights, low-wage worker advocacy, voting rights, economic security, the environment, affordable housing, human rights, LGBT issues, healthcare, education, money in politics and ending mass incarceration.
You will be a key part of our People Team and an important contributor to our growth as a company. You will work closely with our talent team and serve as a key thought-partner to our executive team and department leads in designing and building a world-class organization, collaborating to invest in our most important asset: our people. You will oversee advocacy searches from end to end while leveraging hiring managers to ensure that all people-related work is done with excellence.
You are craving the opportunity to deepen your talent acquisition experience and take ownership over multiple facets of People Operations work as a means of building your portfolio en route to becoming a leader in the field. Ideally, you have 4+ years of full-time experience in talent acquisition, people operations, or related disciplines—preferably in a related field (such as a campaign, non-profit, tech start-up) or a comparable environment (such as an agency)—and you have been responsible for making a high number of hires previously.
As a Talent Manager, you will be responsible for...
- Establishing and maintaining a deep understanding of your client departments and how they operate
- Partnering with hiring managers to finalize specifics of role scope, scorecard, search timeline, interview sequence, contract type, and other elements of a given search
- Running weekly search meetings with hiring managers, staying organized, giving updates, and holding others accountable for action items
- Overseeing the process of how candidates move through our applicant tracking system in a timely fashion
- Managing search processes from start (search approval & kick-off) to finish (new hire start date), including guiding/supporting on new hire onboarding process for both active and passive searches
- Conducting screening calls as a People Team representative and/or participating in later stages of the selection process as needed, depending on the role
- Using, iterating, and evolving a comprehensive set of best-practice processes, tools, checklists, and templates for recruiting and hiring at BerlinRosen
- Developing talent pools/pipelines of passive candidates for forecasted/upcoming seats in your client departments
- Staying up to speed on talent market dynamics for roles related to your client departments
- Supporting the Director of Talent and company department leads in designing and executing team-building and culture design work
- Supporting in workflows associated with recruiting interns
- Has been accountable–or heavily involved in–successfully hiring at least 20 people in a setting that is relevant to BerlinRosen (e.g., a successful startup, a digital agency, a dynamic nonprofit, or similar)
- Has a personal commitment to and knowledge of social justice and a passion for advancing progressive social change
- Uses clean, clear communication at all times and in all settings (when speaking, writing, etc.)
- Is naturally well-organized, not only managing their own tasks with excellence but continuously elevating the organization of the entire People Team, as well
- Is an effective troubleshooter, particularly under tight timelines or in response to last-minute change-of-plans
- Has an eye for efficiency and will constantly be looking for ways to improve, streamline, and simplify processes
- Is at home amongst digital tools, and enjoys demo’ing and evaluating possible new tools to use to make their life easier
- Is adept at keeping all stakeholders apprised of the process, relevant information, the status of deliverables, etc.
- Has 4+ years of experience in recruiting, talent acquisition, people operations, or related disciplines
- Previous experience in advocacy (nonprofits, social impact, etc.)
WORKING AT BERLINROSEN
BerlinRosen will make sure you have what you need to excel in your role and do your job with excellence, including...
- A positive and supportive team with opportunities for advancement and a commitment to helping all staff develop and grow
- A competitive salary based on leading market rates
- 100% coverage of Health, Dental and Vision insurance monthly premiums
- Company sponsored Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401K with a 4% employer match with no vesting period
- Generous paid time off in which we encourage staff to take sufficient time for self-care
- 10 paid bank holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
- Mobile phone reimbursement