BerlinRosen is a leading national public relations and strategic communications firm delivering high impact media, digital and creative strategies to top organizations, companies, and candidates around the United Stat Named one of America's best PR agencies by Forbes, BerlinRosen was founded in 2005 by Valerie Berlin and Jonathan Rosen and has grown to a staff of more than 190 with offices in New York City, Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles.
Our clients are at the forefront of progressive work around racial justice and civil rights, low-wage worker advocacy, voting rights, economic security, the environment, affordable housing, human rights, LGBT issues, healthcare, education, money in politics and ending mass incarceration. We also represent some of the biggest clients defining the future of technology, urban innovation, lifestyle and real estate, architecture and those who are shaping the future of cities.
People of color, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Digital Advocacy team at BerlinRosen powers the digital organizing work behind the nation’s most urgent and ambitious progressive campaigns. Immigration. Workers’ rights. Reproductive justice. Clean energy. Criminal justice reform. Voting rights. From the steps of the Supreme Court, to the border in Texas, to the rivers of Colorado, our team builds momentum and drives action with sharp digital strategy, advertising, social media and online organizing. We help our clients improve the lives of impacted communities, address inequality in our economy, our criminal justice system and our political system while holding some of the country’s largest corporations accountable to workers and of color communities.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
BerlinRosen is seeking a Vice President to lead our work on racial justice, criminal justice reform and equity.
Do you have knowledge of, or lived experiences shaped by, politics, racial or economic injustice? Do you have a personal commitment to social justice and a passion for advancing progressive social change? Do you deeply understand the internet and how digital channels can be leveraged to tell compelling stories and move audiences to act? Do you have a personal commitment to and knowledge of social justice and a passion for advancing progressive social change through digital platforms?
If you answered yes, then this is the job for you.
Note: BerlinRosen's offices are currently closed and the Digital Advocacy team is working remotely. This role is currently fully remote within the U.S., on Eastern Time, and may be based in New York, New York when we return to our offices (date TBD).
As a Vice President on the Digital Advocacy team, you will...
- Help set and advance the digital strategy for multiple high-profile racial justice clients and/or equity and advocacy organizations, foundations and political groups
- Lead strategic conversations and manage plans that help our talented team thrive while delivering top-notch results for our clients
- Collaborate closely with the digital management team to develop and inspire our crew of committed digital strategists to be innovative and creative
- Help our practice win new business and proactively expand our relationships in the progressive movement
- Has 6+ years experience managing large-scale digital campaigns, preferably at an agency, political campaign or fast-paced advocacy organization.
- Thoroughly understands digital organizing and communications, including email, text and social media campaigning.
- Is tactically familiar with most aspects of digital campaigns, including social media, online advertising, email marketing, mobile strategy, digital analytics, web video, social listening, web design.
- Is technically fluent with tools such as BSD, ActionKit, ActionNetwork, Hustle, EveryAction, WordPress, Phone2Action, Google Analytics and Facebook Ads Manager.
- Manages design projects. Whether on video, web or social media, your work is innovative and impactful.
- Enjoys managing people. Experience in leading and mentoring a diverse team, and demonstrated the ability to successfully motivate, manage and mentor a team to meet objectives..
- Issue expertise. Understands how race and gender equality in politics, arts, culture, Hollywood and the non-profit spaces shape the economy.
- Writes well. Your background in written communication includes extensive experience developing sharp, compelling online content.
- Understands a client’s ultimate goal. You can interpret how that goal is best served by digital strategy and paid advertising.
- Background and/or lived experienced in politics, racial and economic justice
WORKING AT BERLINROSEN
BerlinRosen will make sure that you have what you need to excel in your role with excellence, including...
- A positive and supportive team with opportunities for advancement and a commitment to helping all staff develop and grow
- A competitive salary based on leading market rates
- 100% coverage of Health, Dental and Vision insurance monthly premiums
- Company sponsored Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401K with a 4% employer match with no vesting period
- Generous paid time off in which we encourage staff to take sufficient time for self-care
- 10 paid bank holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
- Mobile phone reimbursement