Named one of America's best PR agencies by Forbes, BerlinRosen is a leading national public relations and strategic communications firm delivering high impact media, digital strategy and advertising to top advocacy organizations, global tech companies, major real estate developers, and progressive political candidates.
People of color, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow.
ABOUT THE TECH TEAM
BerlinRosen’s Technology and Innovation practice represents some of the biggest newsmakers defining the future of technology, finance, urban innovation and education. Our clients include Sidewalk Labs, CornellTech, Audible, Samsung, and Bloomberg Media, to name a few.
With a team of over 20 communications professionals, we bring a unique campaign-style approach to strategic communications for clients in the technology sector, combining expert strategy and nimble execution with the creativity and speed of a startup.
We are news junkies, publicists, former campaigners, journalists, and expert communications professionals obsessed with technology. We are especially excited about tech that fixes real-world problems and is poised to change the way we work and live.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
We are looking for an Account Supervisor to join our Tech public relations practice as a climate technology, urban innovation and startup/VC specialist, focusing on clients shaping the future of our cities and building sustainability-focused technologies. The Account Supervisor will work with companies at all stages of growth - from pre-seed to public companies - and lead daily client relations, plan and execute day-to-day project deliverables, support and lead junior staff, and conceptualize pitches and media placements. This person will work closely with client leads and internal staff; delegating to peers and junior staff, and conceptualizing strategy with senior leaders.
As an Account Supervisor on the Technology team, you will:
- Lead daily client relations: communicate and report on daily deliverables and long-term metrics (through regular calls and in-person meetings/presentations)
- Conceptualize, develop and produce client plans and client recommendations that will be shared with the client, executives, and partners
- Partner with senior leaders to build effective strategies: internalize feedback and guidance to produce excellent final results
- Oversee day to day planning and tactical execution of key projects: ensure that junior staff produce deliverable that are high quality, thoughtful, error proof, and meet deadlines
- Lead and actively participate in the development of strategic media strategy and engagement
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
Our ideal candidate can demonstrate or possesses the following:
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in tech communications: in-house for tech companies, media or journalism covering tech; PR agency experience preferred
- Has a proven track record of leading smart, proactive, and thoughtful client communications - in person, on the phone, and over email
- Demonstrated experience as project lead for large scale projects: responsible for driving junior staff towards deadlines, and high quality work
- Interest and familiarity with sustainability-focused technology and related issues – including climate change, urbanism , energy, transportation, the environment, etc.
- Recent experience working directly with clients in demanding and dynamic situations
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, with varying levels of staff, clients, the media, et al
- Proven ability to handle multiple assignments at once, work quickly, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
WORKING AT BERLINROSEN
BerlinRosen will make sure that you have what you need to excel in your role, including:
- A positive and supportive team with opportunities for advancement committed to helping all staff develop and grow
- A competitive salary based on leading market rates
- 100% coverage of Health, Dental, and Vision insurance monthly premiums
- Company Sponsored Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401K with a 4% employer match with no vesting period
- Generous paid time off in which we encourage staff to take sufficient time for self-care
- 10 paid bank holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
- Mobile Phone Reimbursement
- A stipend to support your work-from-home setup